Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As I’m waiting three fucking hours to have a battery installed

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
edited November 2020 in Tug Tavern
Just got my fourth” should be just a few more minutes!”
In any case, There is a show on hgtv of poor people buying vacation properties they are squeaking into and renovating them to make Tens of Thousands of dollars per year in rental income via VRBO etc.

Has to be pre-Covid. Every single one of these is headed for foreclosure.

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Real men install their own batteries.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited November 2020
    Lazy people who don’t want to tear half the car apart to replace a fucking 2.5 year old battery, have it done since “it should only take about -40 minutes”
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

I pay people like you to do it for me.
    I laffed.
    thechatch said:

Not a problem ma'am. I'll be done in a few.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    thechatch said:

No, you don't. You're too pathetic to do it on your own. It takes you more time to drive to the auto shop to get it done than to do it in your garage (carport, in your case).

If OP's time is money, and he's waiting 3+ hours to get a battery changed, what does that make his time worth? Not much.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited November 2020
    I’ve got my office with me.

A battery should last more than 2 years

I didn’t sign up for a three hour battery change

Unless it’s a boat, I’m not getting my hands dirty for a fucking battery.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

No, you don't. You're too pathetic to do it on your own. It takes you more time to drive to the auto shop to get it done than to do it in your garage (carport, in your case).

If OP's time is money, and he's waiting 3+ hours to get a battery changed, what does that make his time worth? Not much.
    Changing my battery requires removing the driver’s seat.

No thanks.

Benny is cheap, and I can drop my car off to him while I grab lunch. Coming back to see his manager yelling at him is an added bonus.
    #mEToO
    I don't keep cars long enough to need new batteries. Sounds like doogy needs to buy better cars.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

No thanks.

Benny is cheap, and I can drop my car off to him while I grab lunch. Coming back to see his manager yelling at him is an added bonus.
    Perhaps Battery Changing was his Major in Cowvalley.

I think the only way BB could self own more than his current meme, would be bragging about how much better it is to be home at New Years vs on the road watch your team play.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
    My deceased father, the 40 plus year lumber mill diesel mechanic, I believe would rise from his grave and whip me with a jumper cable if I ever paid anyone to replace my car battery. I'm not judging you and I definitely have had some painting and handyman jobs that I could have done myself but paid someone to do it instead but paying someone to replace the car battery would be bridge too far.

thechatch said:

thechatch said:

No thanks.

Perhaps Battery Changing was his Major in Cowvalley.

I think the only way BB could self own more than his current meme, would be bragging about how much better it is to be home at New Years vs on the road watch your team play.
    UW Class of 2003, Masters in Automotive Service.

So you can fuck right off.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    doogie said:

In any case, There is a show on hgtv of poor people buying vacation properties they are squeaking into and renovating them to make Tens of Thousands of dollars per year in rental income via VRBO etc.

All real estate is local. I know some VRBO and Air BnB markets were strong AF this year. You couldn't find a rental in Central OR this summer to save your life.

But if you're in HI it probably wasn't a good situation.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

No thanks.

What the hell kind of car do you have? Sounds like a lawnmower.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

SFGbob said:

My deceased father, the 40 plus year lumber mill diesel mechanic, I believe would rise from his grave and whip me with a jumper cable if I ever paid anyone to replace my car battery. I'm not judging you and I definitely have had some painting and handyman jobs that I could have done myself but paid someone to do it instead but paying someone to replace the car battery would be bridge too far.

New cars are so fucking gay. 4runner battery takes like 3 mins. Am I right @SFGbob or am I right? But I'm still toast when the solar flare cums according to @Swaye .
    Hell it took me 15 mins to even find the battery on the wife's new Volvo.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

No thanks.

What in the actual fuck? The seat has to come out? Jesus.

No wonder everyone has such a bad attitude these days. Their fucking batteries are under the seat!

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

Not when all the sane people relocate to Texas, the Gulf states and the Southeast.