Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tucker: Democrats ignore the people they claim to represent

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    #CoalMinerApprovedWhine
  • PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    great thread, derek
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited November 2020

Tucker made some valid points and is damn good at his job. You never know with these politicians, but I have always liked Yang. He is a smart, level headed guy that seems like a genuinely solid person.

Lol, is it because he Asian? Just joking
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Tucker made some valid points and is damn good at his job. You never know with these politicians, but I have always liked Yang. He is a smart, level headed guy that seems like a genuinely solid person.

I read Yang's book, big fan now. Despite being an Ivy Leaguer who started at a Manhattan law firm, he spent years launching startups and relocating talented graduates to disaffected cities and regions across the country.

He fully appreciates the danger of intellectual and economic capital being consolidated in a few coastal cities, and the near third world conditions some parts of "flyover country" live in. He also recognizes that AI is going to be magnitudes more devastating than globalization was to these communities, and is honest about the ineffectiveness of the liberal "retraining" band-aids that we often hear parrotted from the left. Donald gave cheap lip service to these Americans, Yang was as ground level as it gets.

YangGang2024
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717

I read Yang's book, big fan now. Despite being an Ivy Leaguer who started at a Manhattan law firm, he spent years launching startups and relocating talented graduates to disaffected cities and regions across the country.

He fully appreciates the danger of intellectual and economic capital being consolidated in a few coastal cities, and the near third world conditions some parts of "flyover country" live in. He also recognizes that AI is going to be magnitudes more devastating than globalization was to these communities, and is honest about the ineffectiveness of the liberal "retraining" band-aids that we often hear parrotted from the left. Donald gave cheap lip service to these Americans, Yang was as ground level as it gets.

YangGang2024
    Agreed, Yang is leagues above the corporate Dems.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    I probably would have voted for Yang had he been on the ballot. Sharp dude.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Yang at least acknowledges globalization, like liberals used to 15 years ago. Then they went full blown fag.

I think the AI takeover is scare tactics, but what do I know. At least he has a plan if it happens. He didn't cave into the SJW mob (too much) like most of them did. He gets there are people in Indiana and Montana whose parents made 80k in today's money who are struggling. Trump did to a small degree, but being a Republican, he gave in to the one percent a lot.