Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden/Harris To Do List...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mitch and Biden will do what they've done for 40 years

Sell out America for profit and donors

Yet you had no problem with Donny doing the same thing. TDS, for sure.
    Of all your stupid statements today this is one of them
    Your TDS has been well documented here. Congrats on backing a one term loser with close to zero accomplishments.
    Right. Congrats on backing a dementia patient with 47 years of graft and corruption
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

If they try and pack the court, they'll lose both the House and the Senate in two years and Joe Manchin will end up either voting with the Republicans or changing his party affiliation to Republican. Abolishing the EC would take amending the Constitution but Benny is such a dumbfuck he thinks a one seat or 50- 50 Senate can do it on their own.

On the flip side, if they don’t try and pack the courts they’ll lose a shit ton of primaries in safe districts to left wing nut jobs. I enjoy it when a plan comes together.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

If they try and pack the court, they'll lose both the House and the Senate in two years and Joe Manchin will end up either voting with the Republicans or changing his party affiliation to Republican. Abolishing the EC would take amending the Constitution but Benny is such a dumbfuck he thinks a one seat or 50- 50 Senate can do it on their own.

On the flip side, if they don’t try and pack the courts they’ll lose a shit ton of primaries in safe districts to left wing nut jobs. I enjoy it when a plan comes together.
    Don’t like an unelected judiciary deciding law? Easy fix, just add more of them!
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary

SFGbob said:

Don’t like an unelected judiciary deciding law? Easy fix, just add more of them!
    This is really silly. Don’t like unelected judiciary deciding law? Just block the other party from adding judges and then, when in the exact same position, jam judges through.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

This is really silly. Don’t like unelected judiciary deciding law? Just block the other party from adding judges and then, when in the exact same position, jam judges through.
    it's only bad when they do it
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

it's only bad when they do it
    Winners win.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

Mitch after receiving the to-do list:

I'm praying for cocaine Mitch to keep the Senate. Then this week shapes up like a big win, win for Yella. No more Bad Orange Man to trigger me, but I don't have to worry about liberal Armageddon in the near term. It's all going to plan.

It's just going to be a repeat of the latter Obama years. And maybe a further degradation of the separation of powers as the trend to rule by EO will only continue to accelerate. In four years people will probably be unsatisfied with the status quo, because naturally nothing of substance was done, and the pendulum will swing back to the GOP. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Now granted I much prefer this over the last four years of chaos and executive mismanagement across the board, but it still fucking sucks. For once I'd like to see both parties succeed or die by their own merits. Let them pass their legislation, and then if we fucking hate it we can vote their asses out. The democratic way.
    Sleepy Joe and Cocaine Mitch were Senate colleague for a long time. Mitch was the only GOP Senator to attend Beau Biden's funeral in 2015. They are advisories but I don't believe they hate each other's guts. I'm holding out hope (probably be long odds) we can get some Reagan - Tip O'Neil deals worked out.
    I like your optimism, but I don't think Mitch has any interest in getting anything done. His entire existence is to act as an impediment to any government action and consolidate power for the GOP. That tactic has worked pretty well for him so far, so I don't see him changing playbooks.
    Please, we could of had both police reform and another stimulus package but for Pelosi and the Rats unwillingness to compromise. Pelosi demanded her Trillion dollar blue state bailout version of the relief bill and wouldn't agree to anything less than that. They killed the Senate passed police reform bill from Tim Scott for no other reason than they didn't want to give Trump a victory.
    Lol, you are such a blindly partisan dipshit.

Who brought up Pelosi? I guess you did so we can give the obligatory acknowledgment that she fucking sucks too. Hot damn you really put me in a corner on that one.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm praying for cocaine Mitch to keep the Senate. Then this week shapes up like a big win, win for Yella. No more Bad Orange Man to trigger me, but I don't have to worry about liberal Armageddon in the near term. It's all going to plan.

It's just going to be a repeat of the latter Obama years. And maybe a further degradation of the separation of powers as the trend to rule by EO will only continue to accelerate. In four years people will probably be unsatisfied with the status quo, because naturally nothing of substance was done, and the pendulum will swing back to the GOP. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Now granted I much prefer this over the last four years of chaos and executive mismanagement across the board, but it still fucking sucks. For once I'd like to see both parties succeed or die by their own merits. Let them pass their legislation, and then if we fucking hate it we can vote their asses out. The democratic way.
    If the dems passed the legislation they want we'd have one party rule. Like in California. I'm sure the comrades in here would be happy.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If the dems passed the legislation they want we'd have one party rule. Like in California. I'm sure the comrades in here would be happy.
    I'll leave the meta-legislation like PR and DC statehood separate. But I wish both Trump and Obama were able to enact more of their agenda. Instead we've been having theoretical arguments about policy for two decades. The laboratories of democracy have fallen into disrepair.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'll leave the meta-legislation like PR and DC statehood separate. But I wish both Trump and Obama were able to enact more of their agenda. Instead we've been having theoretical arguments about policy for two decades. The laboratories of democracy have fallen into disrepair.
    There is no more democracy.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Sleepy Joe and Cocaine Mitch were Senate colleague for a long time. Mitch was the only GOP Senator to attend Beau Biden's funeral in 2015. They are advisories but I don't believe they hate each other's guts. I'm holding out hope (probably be long odds) we can get some Reagan - Tip O'Neil deals worked out.
    I like your optimism, but I don't think Mitch has any interest in getting anything done. His entire existence is to act as an impediment to any government action and consolidate power for the GOP. That tactic has worked pretty well for him so far, so I don't see him changing playbooks.
    Please, we could of had both police reform and another stimulus package but for Pelosi and the Rats unwillingness to compromise. Pelosi demanded her Trillion dollar blue state bailout version of the relief bill and wouldn't agree to anything less than that. They killed the Senate passed police reform bill from Tim Scott for no other reason than they didn't want to give Trump a victory.
    Lol, you are such a blindly partisan dipshit.

Who brought up Pelosi? I guess you did so we can give the obligatory acknowledgment that she fucking sucks too. Hot damn you really put me in a corner on that one.
    Love how you didn't actually lay a glove on anything said. And bringing up Pelosi's roll in the current gridlock when you try to blame it entirely McConnell is a great example of someone who is a blindly partisan dipshit. There could have been a deal on police reform and another stimulus package but for Pelosi's unwillingness to compromise and only a blindly partisan dipshit denies this.

Feel free to try and craft an actual argument that refutes a fucking word I said, or you could stick with the name calling it is what blindly partisan dipshits are good at.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

It wasn’t the “exact same position.” This time a GOP President nominated the justice for a GOP Senate to confirm. In 2016 it was a Democrat President with a GOP Senate.

New to politics?

Liar, stupid, or both?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

It wasn’t the “exact same position.” This time a GOP President nominated the justice for a GOP Senate to confirm. In 2016 it was a Democrat President with a GOP Senate.

New to politics?

Liar, stupid, or both?
    I’m going with both.