Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A conference with any creativity and leadership

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
edited November 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
Wood have Arizona on their way to Washington right now to play a Sunday game to open up both their schedules on Nov 21. This gives them flexibility to replace other teams who will undoubtedly not be able to play that weekend.

There is literally no reason not to do this.

So it won’t happen.

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

The logistics of playing a game in an empty stadium dont seem all that challenging with a couole of days' notice. What do I know thoufh?
    You need officials, TV equipment, a TV crew, etc. It's not insurmountable, but it's not nothin'. I wouldn't be surprised if you also need local health official approval and approval from on high at both universities. I know that where I work you can't change out an inconsequential piece of carbon steel pipe the size of my finger with a stainless piece without 30 people in nine different Skype meetings over a two-week period.

Scheduling, organizing travel and logistics for, approving something like a college football game with a day's notice? For teams located 1200 miles apart as the crow flies? Yeah, I believe them that it's a bit of a tall order.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    edited November 2020
    Sounds to me like “we wouldn’t be able to air this game on TV and we’d lose out on precious Shanghai viewership when Pac12 network airs AZ @ WA in 2 weeks”
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

chuck said:

The logistics of playing a game in an empty stadium dont seem all that challenging with a couole of days' notice. What do I know thoufh?
    You need officials, TV equipment, a TV crew, etc. It's not insurmountable, but it's not nothin'. I wouldn't be surprised if you also need local health official approval and approval from on high at both universities. I know that where I work you can't change out an inconsequential piece of carbon steel pipe the size of my finger with a stainless piece without 30 people in nine different Skype meetings over a two-week period.

Scheduling, organizing travel and logistics for, approving something like a college football game with a day's notice? For teams located 1200 miles apart as the crow flies? Yeah, I believe them that it's a bit of a tall order.
    Disagree. Disney and Fox know exactly where to put all of their gear. Some of the cabling could be run in advance and you could go with less cameras. The flights are chartered anyway and Hotels would be climbing over each other to provide accommodations for 100 people given how hard their industry has been hit.

But given the local protocols in the West that we are now seeing, that somehow the Pac 12 didn’t know about, there will be greater odds that games get canceled than played.

If these cities/counties are not going to make exceptions, then pull the plug.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    Is there a way to join the Big 10? Round up a few more teams and we could make it an even Big 20