Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It Is Done

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Since they requested the cancel.... we technically get the win, right? Bitch out, get the L?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

I don't understand shutting it down because of contact tracing. We have same-day testing methods. Fucking test them and carry on.

Especially when any potential exposure was 4+ days before the game.

The conference should step in here. There is no way to have a season if a single positive among 100+ persons four days before a game shuts it down.

The SEC would make Cal play.
    It's the conference policy. The case begats contact tracing on a presumed unclean basis, begats contacts ruled out, begats not enough scholly players.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    Postal91 said:

Since they requested the cancel.... we technically get the win, right? Bitch out, get the L?

Once again, NO! A cancelled game does not create a W or a L for either team. Your regular season is just one game shorter.

Good news is that it gives the 4 qbs more practice time to sort itself out.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I don't understand shutting it down because of contact tracing. We have same-day testing methods. Fucking test them and carry on.

The conference should step in here. There is no way to have a season if a single positive among 100+ persons four days before a game shuts it down.

It's the conference policy. The case begats contact tracing on a presumed unclean basis, begats contacts ruled out, begats not enough scholly players.
    Correction, intersection of local policy and conference policy.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

My understanding was Berkeley and the University have stricter quarantine and contact tracing policies than the conference.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

My understanding was Berkeley and the University have stricter quarantine and contact tracing policies than the conference.
    Yeah, think you're right. Local policies of trace & quarantine trigger the conference available schollie policies.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Fuck that. So Cal chose not to play because their university and county said no. Fine. Then give us the fucking W.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I bet it was Chase Garbers that tested positive. That's why they're not playing.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bang up job navigating this "season," Champagne Larry! You fuck, you.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Correction, intersection of local policy and conference policy.
    Then play it in Seattle! Play it in fucking Reno! It's not like fans are at these games. Move the fucking game!
    I don't know how many degrees out WA contact tracing goes, but that could conceivably quarantine the UW team for 14 days.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    LOL guaranteed loss averted