Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Some of them will go to jail.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Assumed it would just be like the 1994 ban and they would stop the sale and import of new ones, but grandfather in all existing firearms. Then Biden said he was putting Beto in charge who says "mandantory buybacks (this means confiscation)" of existing weapons. It's going to be a shitshow of epic proportions. I'm not sure there is the support even among moderate Dems in the Senate for a forced confiscation though. That would get ugly in a hurry.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a great video explaining how gun confiscation in America is literally impossible. It’s pretty hilarious when these guys go over the numbers.

https://youtu.be/Wy6s9Pm_8n8
    Our government can't even run an election. Anyone who thinks they can collect 16 million ARs, from a mostly unwilling populace, is high as fuck.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    If it were teachers in charge of any kind of mandatory buyback or confiscation, then, yeah - maybe they'd swing their newfound weaponized power and snag a few.

But it would be cops and military guys doing the rounding up. My guess is about an 80% chance they'd knock on the suburban door and ask "Do you have any weapons?" "Nope". "OK have a nice day".

The take this Constitution stuff seriously.

If it were teachers in charge of any kind of mandatory buyback or confiscation, then, yeah - maybe they'd swing their newfound weaponized power and snag a few.

But it would be cops and military guys doing the rounding up. My guess is about an 80% chance they'd knock on the suburban door and ask "Do you have any weapons?" "Nope". "OK have a nice day".

Virginia has a State Police form that must be filled out, in addition to the federal 4473 (NICS), when you buy a gun. I have long wondered if that data is stored somewhere. Federal felony to store 4473 data, but I am not aware of any penalties for local jurisdictions that may store that data. Always wondered if a state level registration list exists, and we just don't know it exists.
    edited November 2020
    In Virginia it "appears" that you are mostly safe. If they are following the law of course. Big if.

"Virginia law prohibits the Department of State Police (“DSP”) from maintaining dealer background check records longer than 30 days for any request “pertaining to a buyer or transferee who is not found to be prohibited from possessing and transporting a firearm under state or federal law.”3 However, records of multiple handgun transactions must be maintained for twelve months, and the log on all background check requests (which consists of the name of the purchaser, the dealer identification number, the unique approval number and the transaction date) may be maintained for twelve months."
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Virginia has a State Police form that must be filled out, in addition to the federal 4473 (NICS), when you buy a gun. I have long wondered if that data is stored somewhere. Federal felony to store 4473 data, but I am not aware of any penalties for local jurisdictions that may store that data. Always wondered if a state level registration list exists, and we just don't know it exists.
    Obama was compiling all the old 4473 and making a data base. Seems he wasn't charged. They were also illegally storing NICS check data for years. Another reason I got a CCW , even though I'm covered by HR218 nationwide, as Idaho doesn't require a NICS check if you have one.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    If I didn't have a wife and kids and the gubmint sent someone to take my guns I would go out in a fire fight without a second thought.
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Obama was compiling all the old 4473 and making a data base. Seems he wasn't charged. They were also illegally storing NICS check data for years. Another reason I got a CCW , even though I'm covered by HR218 nationwide, as Idaho doesn't require a NICS check if you have one.
    Yes. Kind of my point. Supposedly all that was data was thrown out when the court said they had to. Hmmmmm...trusting the government again....