Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I can't believe we aren't starting Jacob Sirmon

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
After he committed we? went ahead and took another QB in his class.

After he signed we? took a transfer QB.

After he redshirted he couldn't beat out Jake Haener.

After the starting QB left early for the draft we? begged for any grad transfer QB we? could find.

There just have been no indications this kid isn't the heir apparent, I'm completely caught off guard by this development.

BRB, headed to reasonably share about my unexpected distress on Twatter.

Comments

• rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Remember the outrage on here back in 2017 when I stated that he didn't look good vs Woodinville? I think it was only a handful of people but I remember it was boisterous

Yep I remember that well. I remember trying to buy what the apologists were selling, but I knew in my heart that six picks just doesn't happen. Then there was always the rumblings of him being a questionable leader/teammate. U can't throw six picks without a rare mix of poor choices, bad luck, and some kinda mental meltdown. Too bad too cus local QBs get my rocks off.

I'm predicting he transfers to a UNLV or Hawaii cus I think he has too much pride to drop down a level.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Remember the outrage on here back in 2017 when I stated that he didn't look good vs Woodinville? I think it was only a handful of people but I remember it was boisterous

9 for 30 against any level of high school competition should be grounds for immediate scholarship revocation.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

6 picks in a high school game shouldn’t be an automatic disqualifier ... lots can go into that

The question to me is how do you learn and grow from that

Attempting to transfer last year was a huge red flag ... thinking he’s better than he maybe is

Will be interested in seeing his response after this season assuming he doesn’t start
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

6 picks in a high school game shouldn’t be an automatic disqualifier ... lots can go into that

Attempting to transfer last year was a huge red flag ... thinking he’s better than he maybe is

Will be interested in seeing his response after this season assuming he doesn’t start
    As I said in 2017, it wasn't just the numbers, it was the meltdowns in the huddle
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,542 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

As I said in 2017, it wasn't just the numbers, it was the meltdowns in the huddle
    It all comes down to me to how you react and grow from those moments

I don’t judge high school kids from the standpoint of saying they can’t emotionally improve as they get older
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

People forget that part (including me).
  • BowDownDeathRowBowDownDeathRow Member Posts: 41

Yep I remember that well. I remember trying to buy what the apologists were selling, but I knew in my heart that six picks just doesn't happen. Then there was always the rumblings of him being a questionable leader/teammate. U can't throw six picks without a rare mix of poor choices, bad luck, and some kinda mental meltdown. Too bad too cus local QBs get my rocks off.

I'm predicting he transfers to a UNLV or Hawaii cus I think he has too much pride to drop down a level.
    Morris and Thompson were local HS QBs too