Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Womens Pole Vault at Barcelona Track & Field Meeting 2020

Comments

• TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 466
    Yep. Female pole vaulters and long jumpers. Both tall and ripped and skilled with the pole.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,922 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm curious why they wear those bottoms for this event. Do they help ride the pole or is it just for looks?
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    I’m not a, um, track and field “enthusiast” like you boys, so when did the ladies start wearing bottoms that don’t completely cover their ass? It’s like they’re all thinking how they can leverage poll vaulting into Instagram followers.

Not judging BTW, I still lament the fact that NBA players no longer wear those hot pants.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,675 Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    I think it’s mostly about reducing the air friction created by running down the lane prior to planting the pole. the next step is adopting the Italian string bikini as the standard for women’s pole vault
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

I’m not a, um, track and field “enthusiast” like you boys, so when did the ladies start wearing bottoms that don’t completely cover their ass? It’s like they’re all thinking how they can leverage poll vaulting into Instagram followers.

Not judging BTW, I still lament the fact that NBA players no longer wear those hot pants.

Greatest female athlete ever (her 100m record is unbroken 32 years later) liked to look good on the track, and I think anyone with that kind of fitness level is proud of it and likes to show it off. But, swimmers for a while covered themselves from neck to knee to get a competitive edge, in a sport cultural norms wouldn't blink at micro garments; they're 100% doing it because they think it helps or at least is most comfortable. They are always pulling their bottoms out of their ass anyways.

The one I never understood was beach volleyball...

Thank you.

I loved me some FloJo when I was little. She’s still one of my all time favorite athletes.

And while those beach volleyball women are fucking hot in their skimpy little bikinis, it does always drive me nuts how they have to pull the wedgies out of their butts after every set. Kills any sexiness.

But if they’re comfy that’s all that matters. I just find for myself that cut isn’t the best when working out.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

We were at the beach a couple weeks ago and all sorts of women were showing cheeks. I turned to my wife and said whats the deal with all these asses hanging out

Then I realized I had turned to my wife and said that

Thread delivered
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,687 Swaye's Wigwam

We were at the beach a couple weeks ago and all sorts of women were showing cheeks. I turned to my wife and said whats the deal with all these asses hanging out

How’d that end for you?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,848
    I feel like I should be spending more time at pole vaulting events
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403

What's up with you fags and the Seinfeld references? While the cool crowd was out banging beaver at parties on campus, you maroons were safe at home with your other cuntless friends watching and memorizing lines from Seinfeld on thursday nights (then recite them the next day after class with same said friends). Then after everybody went home, you'd crank up an episode of "friends" when nobody was watching. You know who you are. You still post stupid little Seinfeld youtube clips here every thread. Get over it already. No wonder you chimps are 40 and still single.
    Well, I am thin, single, and neat, so . . .
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,437 Standard Supporter

Emoterman said:

Greatest female athlete ever (her 100m record is unbroken 32 years later) liked to look good on the track, and I think anyone with that kind of fitness level is proud of it and likes to show it off. But, swimmers for a while covered themselves from neck to knee to get a competitive edge, in a sport cultural norms wouldn't blink at micro garments; they're 100% doing it because they think it helps or at least is most comfortable. They are always pulling their bottoms out of their ass anyways.

The one I never understood was beach volleyball...

Thank you.

I loved me some FloJo when I was little. She’s still one of my all time favorite athletes.

And while those beach volleyball women are fucking hot in their skimpy little bikinis, it does always drive me nuts how they have to pull the wedgies out of their butts after every set. Kills any sexiness.

But if they’re comfy that’s all that matters. I just find for myself that cut isn’t the best when working out.
    You can have them bimbos
    I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
    A word to the thick soul sistas, I wanna get with ya
    I won't cuss or hit ya
    But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562
    According to a beach volleyball player I know, players prefer gear that traps the least amount of sand.
    Apparently it's a chafing issue.
    The visuals are a pleasant byproduct.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,689
    These girls can really get the pole up and get off with it
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Since you're apparently still alive, I assume you went with the Alzheimer's claim?