Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Atlas throws down the data...

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
Damn...It's the right data, too - meaning it's the actual day people die, etc.

Thrown down like an Eldridge Recasner 1/2 court Alley Oop to Dion Brown.

These #s are eye opening given complete lack of restrictions in florida.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,544 Standard Supporter
    The Browns are good peoples.

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,203 Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe I missed it at some point, but is that the first government official to point out the true date of death data?

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Bob_C said:

Maybe I missed it at some point, but is that the first government official to point out the true date of death data?

Texas paused their data reporting and pivoted to this model a few months back. Same shape on death chart, cases chart is heavily influenced by testing volume which has never been constant (nor should it)

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    edited October 2020
    Washington State has it, but it is not front and center....

Grim:

That "deaths from 3-4 weeks might not be reported" sure inspires confidence.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488

The Browns are good peoples.

Dion could fucking dunk.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

Damn...It's the right data, too - meaning it's the actual day people die, etc.

Thrown down like an Eldridge Recasner 1/2 court Alley Oop to Dion Brown.

These #s are eye opening given complete lack of restrictions in florida.
    Keepers! Wait till @HHusky sees this!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The data makes a lot of sense ...

We've had 6-7 months now to figure out what works and doesn't work in terms of treatment ... that's absolutely huge

Get ahead of the game in terms of treatments and you're keeping people out of hospitals

Hospital capacity is still one of the bigger issues out there (particularly in more rural locations) ... but again this is why the treatment advancements is so huge because the significant reduction in hospitalizations means that you have to have massive upticks in case volume to approach prior levels of hospital volume

As I've been saying for a while, the age groups of when/where the positive cases are coming from matters. We know the most at risk populations and have taken steps to materially protect.

And yes, Dion could dunk with ease ... even the mid- to late 30s version that I often played hoops with at the IMA.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The data makes a lot of sense ...

We've had 6-7 months now to figure out what works and doesn't work in terms of treatment ... that's absolutely huge

Get ahead of the game in terms of treatments and you're keeping people out of hospitals

Hospital capacity is still one of the bigger issues out there (particularly in more rural locations) ... but again this is why the treatment advancements is so huge because the significant reduction in hospitalizations means that you have to have massive upticks in case volume to approach prior levels of hospital volume

As I've been saying for a while, the age groups of when/where the positive cases are coming from matters. We know the most at risk populations and have taken steps to materially protect.

And yes, Dion could dunk with ease ... even the mid- to late 30s version that I often played hoops with at the IMA.

Obligatory zone defense reference