Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Obamacare’s Narrow Networks Will Make People Furious.

death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
edited January 2014 in Tug Tavern
I called my Doc today to make a simple appointment, (physical). The receptionist gave me the 3rd degree about my insurance. She wanted to know if I was Obamacare (which I'm not). She said that I must bring a current insurance card with me on Friday (my appt). I asked her why the questions and she said my Doc is not seeing Obamacare patients. She said the paperwork would require him to hire at least one new admin person, and he was convinced he would not get paid than his 2013 rates under private insurance. So, less revenue and higher costs. She also said that she would ask the same question every time I called for an appointment because (her words) over a hundred million potential cancellations this year when the Employer mandates start taking hold. (I have employer coverage.)

I then asked who she was referring Obamacare patients to? She said "nobody".

Here is a Washington Post article regarding the issue.

washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/01/13/obamacares-narrow-networks-are-going-to-make-people-furious-but-they-might-control-costs/

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    There's that can do American spirit. Fuck everyone but me. I can't imagine why unemployment is so high.
  • Options

There's that can do American spirit. Fuck everyone but me. I can't imagine why unemployment is so high.

Obamaniacs (such as yourself) missed one thing; fuck up something that actually directly affects an American, and that American will hate your guts. (You obviously missed Machiavelli in school.) "Everyone deals in their own self interest." Nick Machiavelli, circa 1500.

Only 5 million have gotten cancelled so far. When it gets to 100 million, expect an armed revolution.

Plus, you obviously missed the sig line, infra.
  • Options
    If 100 million people get their health insurance canceled I'll castrate myself on webcam.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

If 100 million people get their health insurance canceled I'll castrate myself on webcam.

BRB, JO
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Oh, be still my heart... BRB, I'm signing up for Mohal School.

• Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Do you think US citizens should work to support this shit law passed by a bunch of fuckers without our consent and against our will? A law that was built upon lie after lie. You missed the turnoff to Riyadh. Most people object to being forced to buy a product, in this case, insurance. What will they fucking make us buy next with our money - OUR FUCKING MONEY. The mother fuckers already tax us to death. You need to go suck Obama's thingy then DIAFF.
  • Options

Do you think US citizens should work to support this shit law passed by a bunch of fuckers without our consent and against our will? A law that was built upon lie after lie. You missed the turnoff to Riyadh. Most people object to being forced to buy a product, in this case, insurance. What will they fucking make us buy next with our money - OUR FUCKING MONEY. The mother fuckers already tax us to death. You need to go suck Obama's thingy then DIAFF.
    If only there was some precedent of forcing people to buy insurance. If only.
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think I recall that what comprises this stupid Obamacare was designed by Romney and his cronies way back
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Do I need an ID for Obamacare?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Is this a real promise or an Obama promise? The American public will hold you to it.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Is this a real promise or an Obama promise? The American CollegeDug public pubic will hold you to it.
    "I'll castrate myself on webcam, PERIOD." Here's the instructional video. Just have your faggot boyfriend from Middlebury help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khoaA3rVNI0&feature=player_detailpage
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You don't have to drive
  • Options

You don't have to drive
    That's not true and/or you don't have to buy health insurance.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I know you're being sarcastic, but you're only required to purchase liability insurance which ensures if you harm someone else's property or person that they'll be taken care of. If you were required to have comp and collision it might be equivalent, but you're not. You can still go wrap your car around a telephone poll on your way home from the strip club without insurance to pay the damages to your vehicle or your body.

I don't think it's the same thing at all.

Of course, there are plenty of other insurances you can be required to buy in order to get licensed to do various things - depending on the state you may have to have insurance to cut down trees or do electrical work or plumbing or various other trades. Required insurance for privileges is one thing. I'm not aware of another insurance that's compulsory upon all.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is true

So there