Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This is controversial

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,480 Founders Club

ACB and I have very little in common, and I doubt we'd align on much politically. But the fact that a simple, generous tweet offering congratulations to a woman who achieved a very significant career milestone is causing outrage is just fucking sad.

People can disagree with her all they want, but she has done nothing to deserve the waves of vitriol that are crashing on her.

Dems went nutter on their original attacks on ACB with the Handsmaid Tale bullshit and other tawdry religious attacks. It wasn't until after the confirmation that I learned she'd only been a judge for 2 years. Kinda seems more important than the other shit.
    I see her as a Justice Roberts type.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

ACB and I have very little in common, and I doubt we'd align on much politically. But the fact that a simple, generous tweet offering congratulations to a woman who achieved a very significant career milestone is causing outrage is just fucking sad.

People can disagree with her all they want, but she has done nothing to deserve the waves of vitriol that are crashing on her.

Dems went nutter on their original attacks on ACB with the Handsmaid Tale bullshit and other tawdry religious attacks. It wasn't until after the confirmation that I learned she'd only been a judge for 2 years. Kinda seems more important than the other shit.
    She's got way bigger balls than Roberts.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

And the mob always wins. That's the real problem.
    On this we agree.

I'd rather have a President who respects our norms from either party. But the mob won in 2016.
    Explains why you're voting for a guy who is going to pack the Supreme Court.
    Just like FDR tried. I blame Mitch McConnell
    FDR put the Japs, Krauts, and the Dago Wops (dago wop here so I can say it) in prison camps.

Norms!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

So, basically another Centrist?

Considering Elena Kagan had never been a judge before being nominated for SCOTUS and directly worked for Obama as Solicitor General when she was nominated, and also was a political operative for the Clinton administration, that line of attack wasn’t going to work on Barrett.

She also replaced a “Republican” seat appointee by Ford, but NOC and she was confirmed because JP Stevens was as liberal as they get by the end of his time on SCOTUS.
    alumni94 said:
    She and @HustlinOwl have that in common.
    Winners win. Like a Boss. Hopefully some of the DC GOP learned something from Trump over the last four years, but I doubt it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Mine is still Only Two Genders
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam

You've really gained my respect with your recent takes. Not that your or anyone else cares. Butt still
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    edited October 2020

It's another disgusting example of left wing bullying. It is fucking sad. Judge Barrett, and the Girl Scouts of America for that matter, deserve far better. I also have to say that I'm thrilled with her judicial philosophy. Time will tell if she remains true to it, but in my view this was a great selection.