Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We are not going to do your work for you

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Why anyone believes anything printed my any media group anymore baffles me. The entire industry is bought and paid for. Best reporting is on Twitter these days. We will all be better off when the NYT is out of business.

I disagree - I believe her for instance when she says I am not going to verify that laptop
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,108 Standard Supporter
    Trump better defund this shit after the election!
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    I know a journo who worked for ABC in NY, now mostly covers foreign stuff on their own. It's interesting hearing their perspective on media in general. Acknowledged that media is overwhelmingly left, and the news reflects that. This person actively also shares how lazy other journo's are and also how competitive the business is. The Journo has been covering islamic extremism, going to the places things are happening, and putting in the work to get the story. Often their work is attacked as fake one day, only to be validated months later by the journo who tried to discredit the information. The 'free' press as it's traditionally thought of died a long time ago. When news / television stations sell for billions, it tells you everything. Also when the information is behind a paywall, then the information is vague and poorly researched, is another indicator. YouTube, NewTube, Twitter, Reddit, Hardcore Husky are the new bastions of the new free press, and even those have their financial influences.