Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reelection feels pretty unlikely but what do I know

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,552 Founders Club
    Was there ever a better self-own?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited October 2020

Was there ever a better self-own?

Honorable mention
    This is my favorite. She never did win a gold medal. People forget that. Even better is her competitors hated her so much they just let her stand there like an idiot as the rest celebrated.

https://youtu.be/quQODOvrWMs
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    Just to go “Man In The High Castle” on ya, who do you think the Republicans would’ve run against Hillary? Would she have handled COVID any differently?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Just to go “Man In The High Castle” on ya, who do you think the Republicans would’ve run against Hillary? Would she have handled COVID any differently?

Trump would have won the nomination again I imagine.

Hillary would have handled COVID differently I imagine. Less restriction on travel from China early, more national mandates later. I imagine she would have handled it pretty similarly to Inslee or Newsom.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Hillary would have handled COVID differently I imagine. Less restriction on travel from China early, more national mandates later. I imagine she would have handled it pretty similarly to Inslee or Newsom.
    I disagree with you on Trump, I don’t think the NeverTrumpers would have allowed it.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

I disagree with you on Trump, I don’t think the NeverTrumpers would have allowed it.
    And Trump would be the TV joke that lost to Hated Hillary.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    dnc said:

My take is we? would have never heard of China Virus if HRC was up for re-election, and there is no chance the Democrats who shut down their states would have done the same in that alternate reality.

It’s a political hoax and somehow Trump still may win de-election. The Democrats are the party of limiting civil rights for a cold and attacking police and destroying public and private property in the streets.

A total mess of a party to the point they act like the Bush neo-con Warmongers endorsing Biden over Trump is a win. Leaderless party with fossils like Pelosi and Biden at the forefront.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

You may be right. I think we saw how much power the Never Trumpers actually had. But obviously a Trump loss would have energized them.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam

Repubs probably throw someone shitty like Ted Cruz (see Dole, Robert) at Hillary, and he gets blown out.

I'm hoping Noem Gov-SD, Abbott Gov-TX, Kim Reynolds Gov-Iowa, and John Curtis House Rep - Utah. I bet DeSantis runs but kind of feel he'd be better off in 8 years at 50.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300

Repubs probably throw someone shitty like Ted Cruz (see Dole, Robert) at Hillary, and he gets blown out.

I'm hoping Noem Gov-SD, Abbott Gov-TX, Kim Reynolds Gov-Iowa, and John Curtis House Rep - Utah. I bet DeSantis runs but kind of feel he'd be better off in 8 years at 50.
    Ted Cruz has moved way up in the last couple years, imo. His twitter game is Top 3 among politicians.

Would rather have him on the Supreme Court to be honest. But I like that guy a whole lot more than when he ran in 2016.

I think the left might hate him more than they hate Trump. He’s got that televangelist voice that gives a lot of people PTSD
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,550 Standard Supporter

Ted Cruz has moved way up in the last couple years, imo. His twitter game is Top 3 among politicians.

Would rather have him on the Supreme Court to be honest. But I like that guy a whole lot more than when he ran in 2016.

I think the left might hate him more than they hate Trump. He’s got that televangelist voice that gives a lot of people PTSD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_t1qthyTOg

They hate him because he calls out their bullshit and lies.

Even ‘produce bags’ from the grocery store think it’s of little sport to make hirono look stupid

Even ‘produce bags’ from the grocery store think it’s of little sport to make hirono look stupid
    Point taken. Every once in a while you had to give the ball to the Special Ed kid in smear the queer and lay the wood to them.

Point taken. Every once in a while you had to give the ball to the Special Ed kid in smear the queer and lay the wood to them.

Use that metaphor often it won’t be understood past our generation
    edited October 2020

Use that metaphor often it won’t be understood past our generation
    M A STQ GA