Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well, he didn't move to Seattle --

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,016 Standard Supporter
Gene might have wanted to see where the dust settles in Washington. They are definitely being run by California wannabes.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/10/when-youve-lost-gene-simmons.php

WHEN YOU’VE LOST GENE SIMMONS . . .
After a certain point it becomes wanton cruelty to keep dunking on California’s slow motion suicide, but some stories are too good to pass unremarked. Today’s Wall Street Journal reports that rocker Gene Simmons is KISS-ing California goodbye and moving to no-income tax Washington state, and in high KISS-my-ass style:

[Simmons] is now putting the property, which they later redeveloped into a sprawling European-style mansion, on the market for $22 million. The reason: They are moving to a 24-acre estate in Washington, near Mount Rainier, to escape the tax burden of living in California, Mr. Simmons said.

“California and Beverly Hills have been treating folks that create jobs badly and the tax rates are unacceptable,” he said. “I work hard and pay my taxes and I don’t want to cry the Beverly Hills blues but enough is enough.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0nNZ5wAWZE

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    We’ve lived long enough to see Gene Simmons become an old man returning soup at the deli.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,016 Standard Supporter
    The Demon isn't hiding in his basement unlike your candidate for President and unlike you he isn't a phucking hypocrite about paying taxes.

The Demon isn't hiding in his basement unlike your candidate for President and unlike you he isn't a phucking hypocrite about paying taxes.

My wife and I pay a lot of money in income taxes and donate to charities that plug the holes in the social safety net—things our governments could do better because of the economies of scale, but don’t.

I’ll compare our relative hypocrisies any day, Gasbag.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,550 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

My wife and I pay a lot of money in income taxes and donate to charities that plug the holes in the social safety net—things our governments could do better because of the economies of scale, but don’t.

47 years, Dazzler. 47 years to fix it.

HHusky said:

You said your taxes were to low and but you wouldn't pay more unless you were forced to. What is my hypocrisy? Don't hurt yourself.

HHusky said:

You said your taxes were to low and but you wouldn't pay more unless you were forced to. What is my hypocrisy? Don't hurt yourself.
    So you didn’t accept your tax cuts because of the deficit? Good for you!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,482 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Pharisee potd
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

My taxes went up because of the limit on the deductibility of state taxes. So, phuck off dazzler.

PS The deficit is a result of too much spending. I know that my position on the deficit is shocking to you since that has been clear to you for more than a decade. But leftards lie and love to be lied to.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

My taxes went up because of the limit on the deductibility of state taxes. So, phuck off dazzler.

PS The deficit is a result of too much spending. I know that my position on the deficit is shocking to you since that has been clear to you for more than a decade. But leftards lie and love to be lied to.
    But you turned down your Bush tax cut, of course.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,550 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

FORTY-SEVEN YEARS, Dazzler.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Since I pay too much in taxes, why is it hypocritical to turn down a tax cut? Don't hurt yourself.
    So you’re on board with growing the deficit regardless of the economy’s performance.

I guess I misunderstood you.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    #mypiercecounty
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

FORTY-SEVEN YEARS, Dazzler.

with Dazzler supporting The Big Guy every step of the way!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    hopefully he isn't bringing that bitch of a wife and knucklehead kids of his with him
    Tequilla said:

The lesson as always ...

Taxes are great for others as long as I personally don’t have to pay them

I was proposing to pay even more. Gasbag thinks I should be the lonely volunteer doing so.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

The lesson as always ...

Taxes are great for others as long as I personally don’t have to pay them

I was proposing to pay even more. Gasbag thinks I should be the lonely volunteer doing so.
    I don’t care what you do with your $$$

What I care about is that you have the opportunity to decide what you want to do

It really shouldn’t be that debatable that government as a whole has 1) a spending problem and 2) issues with spending funds efficiently