Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Percy Fucking Harvin

2»

Comments

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I'm not going to call him a pussy, but I'm going to call him brittle

Harvin's more like fragile, I think,....... brittle implies some toughness. To bad because he is a good athlete and competitor who probably should try an Olympic sport.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2014

Concussions don't make a guy brittle.

Welcome to the 21st century, enjoy your stay.
    Use whatever term you want. He's had a lot of injuries so he's injury prone. Given that Paul Allen paid him well into the 8 digits for a game and a quarter, it's understandable the fans & the team are frustrated.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Percy is injury prone but he got leveled twice.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    If we're going to bag on concussed part-time players from the university of Florida I'm out!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2014

MisterEm said:

Disagree. He's brittle.

If you want to call him brittle because his hip is more arthritic than Bo Jackson's hip, that fine. If you're just here to call him brittle because of the concussion, you won't last long.

So Austin Collie isn't brittle?

Why do you hate Steve Young?

I was thinking about him, but he stayed healthy until the end of his career. Same with Troy Aikman.

He retired after his 6th reported concussion and several medical reviews. First half of his career was holding a clipboard for Joe Rings.

Steve's career was absolutely cut short by concussions.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Disagree. He's brittle.

If you want to call him brittle because his hip is more arthritic than Bo Jackson's hip, that fine. If you're just here to call him brittle because of the concussion, you won't last long.

I was thinking about him, but he stayed healthy until the end of his career. Same with Troy Aikman.

He retired after his 6th reported concussion and several medical reviews. First half of his career was holding a clipboard for Joe Rings.

It was by a year or 2. He was 38 when he retired. Aikman's career was cut short more than Young's.

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

race has done it again!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Disagree. He's brittle.

It was by a year or 2. He was 38 when he retired. Aikman's career was cut short more than Young's.

He was in fantastic shape upon retiring and was still one of the fastest players on the team - at 38.

By all means disregard my opinion and listen to the man himself (or check his Wikipedia page). Steve has spoken about concussions ending his career and how hard it was to hand the keys off to the offense to the backup. Vocal proponent for the new contact rules as well.

I lived in the bay and followed the 9'ers quite closely in the 80's and 90's. His best statistical years were easily in his late 30's.

Plenty of tread on his tires but he chose to not risk any further head trauma.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

MisterEm said:

Disagree. He's brittle.

He was in fantastic shape upon retiring and was still one of the fastest players on the team - at 38.

By all means disregard my opinion and listen to the man himself (or check his Wikipedia page). Steve has spoken about concussions ending his career and how hard it was to hand the keys off to the offense to the backup. Vocal proponent for the new contact rules as well.

I lived in the bay and followed the 9'ers quite closely in the 80's and 90's. His best statistical years were easily in his late 30's.

Plenty of tread on his tires but he chose to not risk any further head trauma.
    I wasn't disregarding your opinion at all. What you are saying is true. It's a fact that Young's career was ended by concussions. He would have played a couple more years, and he was still a very good QB when his career ended. My only point was that Austin Collie's career was cut way shorter (although he came out of retirement) and that Troy Aikman also retired young due to concussions.

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He doesn't look Italian.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tailgater said:

He doesn't look Italian.

racist