Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

For my Orange County guys

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,961 Founders Club
    Bad Orange man had to work hard to lose Orange County by 9 points in 2016. The last time a Dem won Orange county was FDR in 1936.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club

Bad Orange man had to work hard to lose Orange County by 9 points in 2016. The last time a Dem won Orange county was FDR in 1936.

So the 500% surge in voting is for Biden?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

Orange County today isn't the Orange County of even 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago. Any belief that Orange County remains some conservative/Republican strong hold died years ago. The demographics of the county have changed dramatically in the last 25 years and like most other wealthy areas in the state the voters have moved to the left.
    edited October 2020
    SFGbob said:

Orange County today isn't the Orange County of even 10 years ago let alone 20 years ago. Any belief that Orange County remains some conservative/Republican strong hold died years ago. The demographics of the county have changed dramatically in the last 25 years and like most other wealthy areas in the state the voters have moved to the left.
    Exactly. It went blue mid terms 2018 which is why this news seemed somewhat relevant to discussions here about how Newsom and the left have pissed off the OC among other areas

I voted today too. Not all early voting is the left

If you have 5 times as many OC ballots coming in so far it is a legit question to wonder who they are for
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    OC is still massively small government conservative but California legalized ballot harvesting. 100% they go into section 8 housing and collect ballots. I have friends that do it. It's not even a secret that "housing development" is code for "turn OC blue".

OC is still massively small government conservative but California legalized ballot harvesting. 100% they go into section 8 housing and collect ballots. I have friends that do it. It's not even a secret that "housing development" is code for "turn OC blue".

And the OC GOP is getting in on the Harvest this time around
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

No it's not. It's been trending left since the 2000s

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SFGbob said:

No it's not. It's been trending left since the 2000s

Looks like the Democrats are just as weak as ever there it's just not as strong GOP as it once was and now it's more independent.

The GOP actually has to work to win elections there now but it's far from some lost cause like most of the urban coastal LA counties.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    In Washington, I voted today also, twice to be exact. I dropped my wife's and my envelopes off at the Pacific County courthouse this morning. No mail in for us - I wanted to vote this election
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,108 Standard Supporter
    Being a former OC dude I can tell you that the 16 election was rigged. Ballot harvesting. Every single district suddenly turned blue. I called bullshit then and I still do! Dem's want ballot harvesting and there is a reason!
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    yeah.... as an OG minion Im going to have to say.... I dont think this is a particularly good thing...

A 500% increase isn't because of enthusiasm... its because shady shit and ballot harvesting is going on.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020

SFGbob said:

Exactly. It went blue mid terms 2018 which is why this news seemed somewhat relevant to discussions here about how Newsom and the left have pissed off the OC among other areas

If you have 5 times as many OC ballots coming in so far it is a legit question to wonder who they are for
    Dude- all those Real Housewives of OC have illegals as pool boys and gardeners and housekeepers.....fill out ballot, get paid.

Apologies to the Latinos in the USA legally and doing god's work. Props for not getting thrown in a cage at the border like those who can't follow the law.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,961 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Dude- all those Real Housewives of OC have illegals as pool boys and gardeners and housekeepers.....fill out ballot, get paid.

Apologies to the Latinos in the USA legally and doing god's work. Props for not getting thrown in a cage at the border like those who can't follow the law.

Dude, Latino is not the preferred nomenclature. Latin X por favor.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,552 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Dude, Latino is not the preferred nomenclature. Latin X por favor.
    Preferred as in preference?