Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hawai’i has committed suicide

13»

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Was supposed to go with 6 other families a month ago to Kapalua and stay at the Montage in 2 massive condos. Combined, we would have spent tens of thousands of dollars. Multiply this example by hundreds of thousands and you understand the billions Hawaii has lost in tourism due to the tyranny of extremely stupid and criminally corrupt state sponsors of terror like Hfag.

Montage? You sound rich.
    Yeah it's nice but it's the location we all love. The old Bay Hotel used to sit there. Merriman's is an awesome restaurant and if you don't want to spend a ton of money just sit on their deck on the ocean at sunset, order drinks and hors d oeuvres and you're set. Obviously you have the Bay and Plantation courses and the beaches are amazing. The Golf Villas right on the ocean are a really good way to do Kapalua as well and are considerably less than the Montage and I assume the Ritz which I've never stayed at.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s tough for Hawaii but I can at least somewhat understand their position given that they are geographically isolated they can effectively insulate themselves from COVID

The tourism angle was fucked whether they shut it down or not so whatever

Disagree. There was a way to allow tourism and they fucked it up. Big time
    Disagree

People aren’t lining up to fly ... and they certainly aren’t lining up to fly to places where typical activities when there aren’t on the table

In this case, the decision for Hawaii was effectively to isolate allowing the rest of the economy to remain open or stay open and operate at limited capacity levels

I don’t know the numbers but I can understand the logic ... and they are a unique example
    Yesterday I quoted the bold part and said strong disagree.

Here’s evidence of why. Hawaii opens up to tourists tomorrow by dropping the 14-day self quarantine. They were suppose to open August 1st, then September 1st, then October 1st but couldn’t get their shit together.

At every announcement of reopening, I had 3-5 bookings for that month.

People are cooped up and sick of it. There are people who will line up to fly somewhere even if not all the typical activities are open.
    You work customer service for Expedia?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,108 Standard Supporter
    Hawaii is a complete shit show of communist think.

I'm a retired cop HR218 says I can carry a gun in all 50 states. Hawaii has been arresting cops saying they don't recognize the FEDERAL law. Fuck 'em/

NY not much better. If you have a gun in your bag the police meet you at your bag. If you're paper work is in order. Perfect order. you're OK. I guess the federal law of being able to travel with firearms doesn't apply in NY.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,960 Founders Club
    RoadTrip said:

RoadTrip said:

Was supposed to go with 6 other families a month ago to Kapalua and stay at the Montage in 2 massive condos. Combined, we would have spent tens of thousands of dollars. Multiply this example by hundreds of thousands and you understand the billions Hawaii has lost in tourism due to the tyranny of extremely stupid and criminally corrupt state sponsors of terror like Hfag.

Montage? You sound rich.
    Yeah it's nice but it's the location we all love. The old Bay Hotel used to sit there. Merriman's is an awesome restaurant and if you don't want to spend a ton of money just sit on their deck on the ocean at sunset, order drinks and hors d oeuvres and you're set. Obviously you have the Bay and Plantation courses and the beaches are amazing. The Golf Villas right on the ocean are a really good way to do Kapalua as well and are considerably less than the Montage and I assume the Ritz which I've never stayed at.
    It’s a great spot. I’ve spent a lotta time on Kapalua Bay Beach and have rented old people condos just past the Montage.