Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HH Favorite Rock Album Sweet 16 (1991- present) - #1 Nevermind vs #5 Superunknown

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

HH Favorite Rock Album Sweet 16 (1991- present) - #1 Nevermind vs #5 Superunknown 22 votes

1) Nirvana – Nevermind
63%
RaceBannonwhlinderRoadDawg55Mad_SonAtomicDawgdncTequillabiak1pawzhuskyhooliganLaocoönYellowSnowLesGrossmanJoeEDangerously 14 votes
5) Soundgardern – Superunkownm
36%
Swayealumni94chuckBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinWilliams3BleachedAnusDawgFishpo31 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1) Nirvana – Nevermind
    Two of my favorites, would be happy to see either advance. But one was more important.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Two of my favorites, would be happy to see either advance. But one was more important.

I honestly don't disagree.

I just got an ass full of Nirvana over the years.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rough matchup. Nevermind was the main driver of the Seattle sound explosion. Superunknown is a little better though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Rough matchup. Nevermind was the main driver of the Seattle sound explosion. Superunknown is a little better though.

Nevermind to me is one of those perfect records that hasn't aged a bit no matter how many times I've heard it. Most important record of the past 30 years and it's not that close.
    Agree with all. I have a hard time deciding if Nirvana is less interesting to me because I've heard them so much or if they're simply less interesting. I try to not let overplay affect my opinions, but with Nevermind it's really hard to filter that out. The overplay has been so severe.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1) Nirvana – Nevermind
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Nevermind to me is one of those perfect records that hasn't aged a bit no matter how many times I've heard it. Most important record of the past 30 years and it's not that close.
    Agree with all. I have a hard time deciding if Nirvana is less interesting to me because I've heard them so much or if they're simply less interesting. I try to not let overplay affect my opinions, but with Nevermind it's really hard to filter that out. The overplay has been so severe.
    I thought nevemind was a clear 1 seed but my money has been on Dirt.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) Nirvana – Nevermind
    As I said in the 1-16 battle, Nevermind has "Smells Like Teen Spirit" ... that should get an auto vote

I've never been a huge Soundgarden person ... they're obviously very good but never really something that I'm going to go crazy listening to

True Teq Story - Part 1:

Was walking from Foster down to the IMA one afternoon and I look next to the Mary Gates library and there's this crowd surrounding the library so I walk over to see what was going on. Spoonman was there playing Spoonman on some buckets. It was cool ... cool enough for me to linger about 10 seconds before deciding that continuing on to the IMA was the right call while thinking "cool, got to see Spoonman."

True Teq Story - Part 2:

Buddy and I were in Nashville at Tootsie's (if you don't know Tootsie's you don't know music) one Saturday night and if you know anything about Tootsie's you know it's pretty normal for someone in the band to come around every 45 minutes or so with a beer bucket looking for donations/tips. So the band on the floor we were on was from SoCal originally and the co-lead singer (who was hot, no pictures of her) would come around with the bucket and over the course of the night we gradually were conversing with her on her tours given that we had been there for a while. I told her that I'd drop $20 or $40 in if they'd play Smells Like Teen Spirit in Tootsie's (Tootsie's is as Nashville as you get) ... she laughed and said "yeah, we can pull that off." 10 minutes later the chords start and I'm laughing because I'm thinking Nashville Country meet Seattle Grunge ... what could go wrong? Joke was on me as the entire floor basically transported itself into the early 90s full of jumping around and pseudo moshing ...

Like I said, it's Nevermind and it's not that close.