Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,488 Founders Club
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,945 Founders Club
    Oldie, but goodie.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    A person who possessed the ability for even a small amount of self-reflection would ask themselves how it is that they have continually fallen for completely bogus stories. What is it about them that made them so susceptible to believing these bogus stories?

Especially if you're someone like the Dazzler who thinks its so devastating that someone else bought into some bogus video by a guy named Joey Salad or if you're a lying sack of shit like IC who routinely makes false claims about other people buying into pizzagate.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

A person who possessed the ability for even a small amount of self-reflection would ask themselves how it is that they have continually fallen for completely bogus stories. What is it about them that made them so susceptible to believing these bogus stories?

Especially if you're someone like the Dazzler who thinks its so devastating that someone else bought into some bogus video by a guy named Joey Salad or if you're a lying sack of shit like IC who routinely makes false claims about other people buying into pizzagate.

That's my conundrum. I'm just not built like either the dazzler or Dan Rather. I'm intellectually curious and value honesty and integrity. From the lowest level of leftards here on the shed to the highest level of leftards in the MSM and dem office holders - they are all the same. They are happy to just blatantly lie about the most obvious things for power. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. Some parents and public educators might take some advice on this. Never tolerated my kids lying to me. I have no idea how sh*tty the dazzler's parents had to be and how bad his public education was to turn out such a trolling POS. And he is proud of it.

SFGbob said:

That's my conundrum. I'm just not built like either the dazzler or Dan Rather. I'm intellectually curious and value honesty and integrity. From the lowest level of leftards here on the shed to the highest level of leftards in the MSM and dem office holders - they are all the same. They are happy to just blatantly lie about the most obvious things for power. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point. Some parents and public educators might take some advice on this. Never tolerated my kids lying to me. I have no idea how sh*tty the dazzler's parents had to be and how bad his public education was to turn out such a trolling POS. And he is proud of it.
    It really comes down to how much you value truth, facts and accuracy.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It really comes down to how much you value truth, facts and accuracy.
    You would think that you might be part of our public education creed. Not even close, they start lying and indoctrinating the kids from day one.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Glenn Greenwald gets it. What continues to exacerbate this is the sheer volume of news. I recognized maybe two of those stories. Shit gets invented, disseminated, and absorbed so fast, that we barely have time to fact check before it's on to the next bombshell of a story. Which may or may not be real.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,488 Founders Club

Glenn Greenwald gets it. What continues to exacerbate this is the sheer volume of news. I recognized maybe two of those stories. Shit gets invented, disseminated, and absorbed so fast, that we barely have time to fact check before it's on to the next bombshell of a story. Which may or may not be real.

I don't know. The Mueller fraud and the impeachment seemed to keep the attention of the media for three years

It doesn't seem that difficult for them to look at the biggest abuse of power in memory and keep it front and center instead of actively burying it
    edited October 2020

I don't know. The Mueller fraud and the impeachment seemed to keep the attention of the media for three years

It doesn't seem that difficult for them to look at the biggest abuse of power in memory and keep it front and center instead of actively burying it
    They sure don't have a problem continuing to propagating the Charlottesville lie or the claiming that Trump had a Muslim ban or called all Mexicans rapists.
    Exactly. And not even burying it but promoting the lies to the point of impeachment. This wasn't smart and honest reporters being swamped by information. This was active participation in promoting lies. Leftards lie and love to be lied to. Look at the leftards here on the Tug.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    They weren’t failures. It was deliberate disinformation in coordination with the DC establishment. As Van Jones said, it was all a Nothingburger.