Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fuck you Trump and fuck you Creepy Coug

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,965 Founders Club

Cuban plants were sent to Honduras and Nicaragua and you can get the same brands but without the romance and price of Cubans

You stick with floors old man.

If the plant doesn't grow in Cuban soil and the cigar isn't rolled by a Cuban human being, then it ain't a Cuban.

Or, have @Swaye and @YellowSnow and the other watchy boys tell me with a straight face they'll pay the same price for a Rolex made in Mexico by a Mexican, albeit under the strict supervision of a Swiss watchmaker.
    If they are indistinguishable, then why pay the premium? In this case, I would hazard a guess that the quality control is a lot better in Central America being supervised by capitalists with skin in the game rather than some commie. Same with quality control in Switzerland than Mexico.
    Communism holds back the product I’m sure. That said Cubans still do well in the ratings. It’s like wine regions and there’s just something about the western part of Cuba that makes for perfect tobacco.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    edited October 2020

Cuban plants were sent to Honduras and Nicaragua and you can get the same brands but without the romance and price of Cubans

You stick with floors old man.

If the plant doesn't grow in Cuban soil and the cigar isn't rolled by a Cuban human being, then it ain't a Cuban.

Or, have @Swaye and @YellowSnow and the other watchy boys tell me with a straight face they'll pay the same price for a Rolex made in Mexico by a Mexican, albeit under the strict supervision of a Swiss watchmaker.
    If they are indistinguishable, then why pay the premium? In this case, I would hazard a guess that the quality control is a lot better in Central America being supervised by capitalists with skin in the game rather than some commie. Same with quality control in Switzerland than Mexico.
    Contrary to popular belief, I'm not the man to ask. The question is if they are, indeed, indistinguishable. Assuming they are, then all you have left is the idea of consuming the original. And, that's not entirely nothing. A good portion of why we do what we do is the psychological benefit of doing it. People pay more for "the real thing" all the time, even when it is objectively no better than the knock-off.

I pay the premium sometimes; other times I don't. Depends on what it is.

As to your assumption, again, I'm not the expert. But, I would continue my troubling pattern and hazard a guess that you are wrong. Cubans are not all commies, and from what I've observed, they take a lot of pride in the Cigar business. It's not burger flipping to them.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,877 Standard Supporter

I’ve never smoked a Cuban stick. Sad.

But I have had my stick smoked by a Cuban.

@creepycoug, true?

I'll go with the dorky wife of the small skinny dude. Un-be-lievable Joobs.

@creepycoug, true?
    Too old.

Thought I was kidding?

@creepycoug, true?
    Too old.
    But always closes the deal, I hear.

Thought I was kidding?

She was pretty hot.