Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

pacific twelve media pole

2»

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter

dOgmaster said:

Nope. Wasn’t aware browning had 2. Not many people liked his play. Personally I Iike Locker and wished he could have won one.

Browning has the only two wins against Oregon since Reggie Williams
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,736 Founders Club
    dtd said:

dOgmaster said:

Nope. Wasn’t aware browning had 2. Not many people liked his play. Personally I Iike Locker and wished he could have won one.

Fair although the last one Pickett got hurt and dumbo gilby lined it up and ran it down the duck's throat in the second half

The win at Autzen the year before was Reggie
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,736 Founders Club
    Sources said:

dtd said:

dOgmaster said:

Fair although the last one Pickett got hurt and dumbo gilby lined it up and ran it down the duck's throat in the second half

The win at Autzen the year before was Reggie
    Doog legend Casey Paus breakout game
    He handed off like a champ
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

But can someone explain to me the Oregon hype? Aren’t they replacing a first round QB and an entire OL? Isn’t that the shit that the football nerds usually care about when they look teams pre-season?

Yeah, high potential for them to underachieve for those reasons. The Ducks do look solid at all other positions though, plus they are perceived to have the best coaching staff in the conference, so that could explain the mediots ignoring some glaring flaws/question marks.

4/5 of their secondary is gone now too. I liked their defense a lot. Not i don’t know about the defense as much and hate their offense. Nobody in the conference screams favorite though. And Oregon actually cares, meaning they try to win. So there is that.
    Lenoir changed his mind and is now returning, so the Oregon secondary isn't in too bad of shape. Lenoir and Mykael Wright will be in the running for the top corner duo in the conference. Losing Holland and Breeze will drop the Ducks from having arguably the top group of safeties in the conference to just being average.
    Oregon added Jordan Happle from Boise State whom Avalos likes a lot. Also, Steve Stephen made some big strides in the offseason. Bennett Williams has already proven he can play at a high level. The group won’t be as good but they aren’t falling back to average. Verone McKinley’s jump from freshman to sophomore year could make the group good.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,840 Swaye's Wigwam
    What do you call the duck equivalent of a doog?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    lawsandl said:

But can someone explain to me the Oregon hype? Aren’t they replacing a first round QB and an entire OL? Isn’t that the shit that the football nerds usually care about when they look teams pre-season?

Yeah, high potential for them to underachieve for those reasons. The Ducks do look solid at all other positions though, plus they are perceived to have the best coaching staff in the conference, so that could explain the mediots ignoring some glaring flaws/question marks.

4/5 of their secondary is gone now too. I liked their defense a lot. Not i don’t know about the defense as much and hate their offense. Nobody in the conference screams favorite though. And Oregon actually cares, meaning they try to win. So there is that.
    Lenoir changed his mind and is now returning, so the Oregon secondary isn't in too bad of shape. Lenoir and Mykael Wright will be in the running for the top corner duo in the conference. Losing Holland and Breeze will drop the Ducks from having arguably the top group of safeties in the conference to just being average.
    Oregon added Jordan Happle from Boise State whom Avalos likes a lot. Also, Steve Stephen made some big strides in the offseason. Bennett Williams has already proven he can play at a high level. The group won’t be as good but they aren’t falling back to average. Verone McKinley’s jump from freshman to sophomore year could make the group good.
    QPOTD

This reads like Doogman circa 2002
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,840 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    lawsandl said:

Quook. They suck until they don’t.

lawsandl said:

Verone McKinley, Nick Pickett, Steve Stephens, Jordan Happle and Bennett Williams have already played a lot of football. Even Jamal Hill has played. Secondary isn't a big concern.

The biggest concern far and away is the OL.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Verone McKinley, Nick Pickett, Steve Stephens, Jordan Happle and Bennett Williams have already played a lot of football. Even Jamal Hill has played. Secondary isn't a big concern.

Your tent city living fans and alums don't think O line is a big loss either.
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

With Sewell gone, it’s going to be a project. That being said, there isn’t a DL on the schedule that is scary.
  • CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 195
    lawsandl said:

Dude, that is an average group of safeties. Like I said to begin with, the Oregon secondary is in pretty good shape. They still have two good starting corners (with Lenoir opting back in), but the safety position has gone from being elite to just being ok. Nick Pickett is the most likely starter of the bunch and he is pretty average.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

With Sewell gone, it’s going to be a project. That being said, there isn’t a DL on the schedule that is scary.
    Do you need to face a "scary" DL with an inexperienced o line/qb to drop games?
    edited October 2020

lawsandl said:

Dude, that is an average group of safeties. Like I said to begin with, the Oregon secondary is in pretty good shape. They still have two good starting corners (with Lenoir opting back in), but the safety position has gone from being elite to just being ok. Nick Pickett is the most likely starter of the bunch and he is pretty average.
    McKinley started all 9 Pac 12 games at FS and had 4 ints as a freshman. At least know what you’re talking about. There is a high floor with Pickett and McKinley at Safety. Bennett Williams and Jordan Happle provide good depth.

Jamal Hill and Steve Stephens are high ceiling kids.

Lastly, the progression of DJ James could allow for one of the corners to be a nickel. It will be interesting to see what the staff does with this unit.
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024

https://pac-12.com/content/football-pac-12-championships

1958 isn't walking through the door sport. I know our place.

We are #2! We are #2!
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    dOgmaster said:

You weren't aware? Head too far up your ass?
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

uw’s DL is solid, until it’s not.