Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Junior Adams on the new offense

2»

Comments

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    Looking forward to 3rd and 8
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,364 Founders Club
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dOgmaster said:

"I'm very excited about John Donovan and what he's going to bring to us offensively," Adams said. "It's a pro-style system and the best 11 are going to play. It's going to be multiple personnel -- it's going to be '12' (one tailback and two tight ends), it's going to be '21' (two tailbacks and one tight end) and it could be a lot of '11' (one tailback and one tight end) -- the best 11 are going to play. With the players we have, he's got a lot of options

I'm sensing a theme here and it gives hope

I am curious as to which coach in any sport hasn’t said that they are going to play the best players?! Seems like some are getting excited over nothing. What makes a player the best could mean more than one thing, and coaches may interpret that differently than fans.

And according to jimmy any play style other than air raid is pro-style. So Oregon runs a pro-style offense, same with Stanford, Oregon St., and uw. The only change I can see is eliminating all of the shifts/motions before the snap.

Not sure why Adams is so excited about multiple personnel formations. Who doesn’t run multiple personnel formations?!?!

Agreed it is probably bullshit as most coachspeak is. However
    alumni94 said:

honestly, I don't care if they are 3 yards and a cloud of dust each play, as long at they win.

In pink tutus?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    Glad we have a practice season to get things dialed in. 2021 will be special!