Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Starter at QB for 2014 Hawai'i Opener

2»

Comments

• Options
    DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

So you're basically making an excuse for Price ...

He had plenty of time to be successful in just about every game this year (save for Arizona State) ...

The #1 thing about Price that I won't miss is his ability to turn right into a defender for a sack. It was like clockwork. The #2 thing I won't miss about Price is his ability to fumble the football without getting hit.

He got really good at that by holding the football as far away from his body as possible.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Tequilla said:

Why do you hate results?

5-13 is 5 and fucking 13

This just in:
    Keith Price was not the head coach. He also did not play special teams nor defense and he was not responsible for blocking for himself.

Keith was better at home than on the road, but his difference in home/road QB rating was about the same as Hogan's difference in 2013:
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/482599/year/2013/keith-price
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/splits/_/id/516357/kevin-hogan

Why do you hate actual data about Keith Price?
    Price is certainly a fine college QB and with a good supporting cast, he can win you games. Is comparing him to Kevin Hogan really a great compliment? Hogan's coach minimizes what he has to do because he isn't very good. With a good QB, Stanford might have been playing for the title. I know Shaw is conservative by nature, but Hogan threw under 20 passes in 7 games.

Price was prone to wilting under pressure and when things got bad, they snowballed. 41st in the country in QBR (7th in the conference) last year in his "great season." That's not good enough, and in order to be a great team, the next QB will have to be better.

Hogan is a "winner". The point was that "winning QBs" often aren't as good on the road as they are at home, which is why hanging UW's massive home/road disparity as a team on the quarterback is a Tequilla Fucking Stupid argument to make.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Price's pocket presence under pressure sucked by the way. It's a shame there weren't any former college quarterbacks on the coaching staff who could help him improve on that aspect of his game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

To be clear I don't think Keith is the greatest QB ever (he was pretty good). I just laugh at the notion that Cyler Miles is already better because he got a moral victory @ UCLA and a win at Oregon State where we RUSHED for like a billion yards.

this

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's far from a guarantee the next QB will be better, but I think they will be. I'm guessing it will be Miles. I think Race has it right regarding Williams. He's a typical doog savior because nobody has ever seen him play and the dumb fucks like Eklund on doogman said he was better than Max Browne.

Reasons why Miles will be better than Price: Running ability, poise, supporting cast, schedule, and most importantly coaching. I can't be certain, but I would assume he will be much more durable. Price's gutted it out for a lot of games, but he was rarely healthy after the first few games.

The OL should be the best it has been since the early 2000's. It will also be the best WR's group since Reggie, ET, Paul Arnold, and Pat Reddick in 2002. 4 dreckfest games to start the season to get acclimated and pad the stats. I think the QB next year will have a big year.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Price had some games where he didn't play so hot on the road. But more than a few where he played well enough and the defense sucked.

You really think we lose @ Oregon State this year if Price starts? TequillaFS.
  • Options

Keith Price looked like a fucking joke when he first got to UW. Anyone that thinks their own or Tequillas dumb fuck scouting report from last years spring game means anything is a dope.

Taking anything from a Spring Game is retarded. I remember doogs wondering if Antavious Sims was going to have a big year after catching a few balls in the spring carnival last year.

"He looks HUGE"
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    1) I don't take much out of Spring Games other than getting impressions of players and how they carry themselves. Williams looked to me to be a guy that has that "it" about him that you expect out of your QB. He looked like he had a strong arm and wasn't afraid of making the tough throw.

2) What I do know is that if Price would have been able to play against Oregon St, SarkFS would have thrown the ball all over the place like he did in the Apple Cup.

3) No doubt that the focus on the run game was a huge factor against Oregon St, but Miles was making the throws that he needed to make during the game.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dardanus said:

Tequilla said:

So you're basically making an excuse for Price ...

He had plenty of time to be successful in just about every game this year (save for Arizona State) ...

The #1 thing about Price that I won't miss is his ability to turn right into a defender for a sack. It was like clockwork. The #2 thing I won't miss about Price is his ability to fumble the football without getting hit.

He got really good at that by holding the football as far away from his body as possible.
    Price may have been the only back I've seen protect the ball by keeping it as far away from his targeted body as possible, and......

We never had to worry about Price getting injured from late hits.

• Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    We'll have the best OL in years next year due to experienced seniors, then most of it disappears the year after. They know how to run block since that was all Cozzetto could scream at them. So the success of the run game next year is key, since every opponent will have a simple defensive plan to stop the Husky run game and force us to pass with a new QB.

I watched the QBs closely when I could last year, and Williams is impressive but Miles is ahead now. I expect it to stay that way, but the staff may leave that open into fall camp even if Miles QBs the 1s in the Spring Game.
  • Options
    Global said:

We'll have the best OL in years next year due to experienced seniors, then most of it disappears the year after. They know how to run block since that was all Cozzetto could scream at them. So the success of the run game next year is key, since every opponent will have a simple defensive plan to stop the Husky run game and force us to pass with a new QB.

I watched the QBs closely when I could last year, and Williams is impressive but Miles is ahead now. I expect it to stay that way, but the staff may leave that open into fall camp even if Miles QBs the 1s in the Spring Game.

But does our line average 332 pounds and are ready to rumble?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Hugh and Peterman share admiration for attributes a Washington QB should have, allegedly.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Hugh and Peterman share admiration for attributes a Washington QB should have, allegedly.

So you're saying that Lindquist has a shot?
  • Options

So you're saying that Lindquist has a shot is a stone cold lead pipe lock?