Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Not unprecedented

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
. . . just yet.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus)

The 1968 pandemic was caused by an influenza A (H3N2) virus comprised of two genes from an avian influenza A virus, including a new H3 hemagglutinin, but also contained the N2 neuraminidase from the 1957 H2N2 virus. It was first noted in the United States in September 1968. The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older. The H3N2 virus continues to circulate worldwide as a seasonal influenza A virus. Seasonal H3N2 viruses, which are associated with severe illness in older people, undergo regular antigenic drift.

What did we lockdown and shutdown in the US in 1968?
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    The subsequent 1968 influenza pandemic—or “Hong Kong flu” or “Mao flu” as some western tabloids dubbed it—would have an even more dramatic impact, killing more than 30 000 individuals in the UK and 100 000 people in the USA, with half the deaths among individuals younger than 65 years—the reverse of COVID-19 deaths in the current pandemic. Yet, while at the height of the outbreak in December, 1968, The New York Times described the pandemic as “one of the worst in the nation's history”, there were few school closures and businesses, for the most, continued to operate as normal.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31201-0/fulltext
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The subsequent 1968 influenza pandemic—or “Hong Kong flu” or “Mao flu” as some western tabloids dubbed it—would have an even more dramatic impact, killing more than 30 000 individuals in the UK and 100 000 people in the USA, with half the deaths among individuals younger than 65 years—the reverse of COVID-19 deaths in the current pandemic. Yet, while at the height of the outbreak in December, 1968, The New York Times described the pandemic as “one of the worst in the nation's history”, there were few school closures and businesses, for the most, continued to operate as normal.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31201-0/fulltext

People forget Woodstock happened during a Glow Ball Pandemic. People forget that.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

What date in 2019 did we start tracking VID deaths? Let's say when we hit the 1 year mark that number is 500k. The logic should dictate then that the US total death count for all death should be up by $500k correct? And this would also hold true for the total world death count as well right? We've already seen the CDC come out last week and report that just influenza death is down 20% from last year. What about heart disease, pneumonia et al? SCAMDEMIC
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Question that I would actually appreciate a real answer on

The democrats and Biden have positioned themselves as the smartest guys in the room when it comes to pandemics and seem to think Trump should have mandated a lock down and masks and at various times have said they would mandate masks and of course democrat governors have mandated lockdowns still in effect

Let's say Biden wins and we get our annual flu virus and the 7th wave of covid next year. Let me be clear I don't give a shit who is president I think lockdowns don't work and do more harm than good

But what about the base and the scared middle that have embraced this fear to their bosoms? Will they insist that Joe lock it down and kill his economy? ( play along like he has one)

I've been concerned since March that we are setting ourselves up for annual panic with this shit

Bonus question - if Trump wins what is your position? different than if Biden wins?

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club

1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus)

The 1968 pandemic was caused by an influenza A (H3N2) virus comprised of two genes from an avian influenza A virus, including a new H3 hemagglutinin, but also contained the N2 neuraminidase from the 1957 H2N2 virus. It was first noted in the United States in September 1968. The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States. Most excess deaths were in people 65 years and older. The H3N2 virus continues to circulate worldwide as a seasonal influenza A virus. Seasonal H3N2 viruses, which are associated with severe illness in older people, undergo regular antigenic drift.

What did we lockdown and shutdown in the US in 1968?

We didn't shut anything down. We weren't pussies and there weren't tranny county health directors
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906 Swaye's Wigwam
    Only 49 million more to go to reach the Spanish flu. Keep rooting for death, you fucking loser. Of all the pathetic shitbags that have stained this bored, @HHusky is the most pathetic.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Question that I would actually appreciate a real answer on

The democrats and Biden have positioned themselves as the smartest guys in the room when it comes to pandemics and seem to think Trump should have mandated a lock down and masks and at various times have said they would mandate masks and of course democrat governors have mandated lockdowns still in effect

Let's say Biden wins and we get our annual flu virus and the 7th wave of covid next year. Let me be clear I don't give a shit who is president I think lockdowns don't work and do more harm than good

But what about the base and the scared middle that have embraced this fear to their bosoms? Will they insist that Joe lock it down and kill his economy? ( play along like he has one)

I've been concerned since March that we are setting ourselves up for annual panic with this shit

Bonus question - if Trump wins what is your position? different than if Biden wins?

It's a fucking mental disorder perpetuated by their handmaidens in the media. Like political correctness and addadictomes, this insanity will be with us for the foreseeable future. Laugh at these sackless pajama boys anywhere and everywhere you can. Shove this shit right back in their pie holes.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Open the fuck up.

Test, identify, quarantine the sick,

Everyone else carry on.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    That's not the question

ANSWER THE QUESTION coronabros