Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Takeaways from Lake’s Presser

2»

Comments

• Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I listened to the interview. It wasn’t bad. I would rather listen to him than Peterman. Kinda like the differences between Chip and Christobal. Chip was a dick to the media.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

Jimmy mentioned playing freshmen. I hope the rest of the country doesn’t catch wind of this revolutionary concept. Personally I think its a horrible idea.

But really, folks says that Peterman preferred to go with more veteran players, yet give jimmy credit for playing freshman. I think the reality is that position coaches normally decide the player rotation. And some of those position coaches may still be with the team. So we will see.

On another note I don’t see much mention of the dawg pound over here. A bit odd, but then again most of the content looks like it came the uw athletic department. Lots of leg humping going on over there.

There is some leg humping about Lake being more serious about winning. Pete was all about winning. The whole point was to win big, but do it his way.

Whatevergirl.gif. Most here are excited we are going to play and are dooging like any other year. We’ll find out soon if Lake can coach.
    He can't.

The odds that a guy who fucked up the OC hire as badly as Jimmy Lake did, who chose to retain Bob Gregory, whose entire recruiting strategy of 'wait to do any recruiting till we can get the kids on campus again' was an ill-advised, unmitigated fucking disaster, the guy who can't close recruits to save his life, the guy whose filled his staff with SIX guys that are massive recruiting liabilities, the guy who's getting his shit pushed in by Oregon daily.... The odds that THAT guy will show up next month and suddenly by an intelligent, organized, instinctive, detail-oriented, respected, competent head coach is practically zero. It's like watching a dude stall his car six times, take 45 minutes to parallel park it, then claim that he could still win the Indy 500... we just need to see him race!

Jimmy's gonna get a minimum of three years, no matter how bad it gets, which is just enough time for him to waste all the freshman and sophomore talent we have in the program right now. We? had our shot with Pete... but Pete decided he'd rather walk away than make changes to his fucked-up offensive philosophy. That was the only chance Washington had to be legitimate... for Pete to stay, but hand over the reigns offensively to someone else... but he wouldn't do it. And in three years, we'll be back Gilby/Ty kind of bad.
    guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

Jimmy mentioned playing freshmen. I hope the rest of the country doesn’t catch wind of this revolutionary concept. Personally I think its a horrible idea.

But really, folks says that Peterman preferred to go with more veteran players, yet give jimmy credit for playing freshman. I think the reality is that position coaches normally decide the player rotation. And some of those position coaches may still be with the team. So we will see.

On another note I don’t see much mention of the dawg pound over here. A bit odd, but then again most of the content looks like it came the uw athletic department. Lots of leg humping going on over there.

There is some leg humping about Lake being more serious about winning. Pete was all about winning. The whole point was to win big, but do it his way.

Whatevergirl.gif. Most here are excited we are going to play and are dooging like any other year. We’ll find out soon if Lake can coach.
    He can't.

The odds that a guy who fucked up the OC hire as badly as Jimmy Lake did, who chose to retain Bob Gregory, whose entire recruiting strategy of 'wait to do any recruiting till we can get the kids on campus again' was an ill-advised, unmitigated fucking disaster, the guy who can't close recruits to save his life, the guy whose filled his staff with SIX guys that are massive recruiting liabilities, the guy who's getting his shit pushed in by Oregon daily.... The odds that THAT guy will show up next month and suddenly by an intelligent, organized, instinctive, detail-oriented, respected, competent head coach is practically zero. It's like watching a dude stall his car six times, take 45 minutes to parallel park it, then claim that he could still win the Indy 500... we just need to see him race!

Jimmy's gonna get a minimum of three years, no matter how bad it gets, which is just enough time for him to waste all the freshman and sophomore talent we have in the program right now. We? had our shot with Pete... but Pete decided he'd rather walk away than make changes to his fucked-up offensive philosophy. That was the only chance Washington had to be legitimate... for Pete to stay, but hand over the reigns offensively to someone else... but he wouldn't do it. And in three years, we'll be back Gilby/Ty kind of bad.
    The odds of any first time head coach being successful (by HHB standards- meaning winning a natty) is basically zero.

I don’t know that any of the personnel decisions thus far move the needle further towards zero especially when our priors pretty much all had Lake as having a better than average chance based on his dedication to the recruiting side of things, position group success, and CP/Kwat vouching.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

He can't.

guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

He can't.

The odds of any first time head coach being successful (by HHB standards- meaning winning a natty) is basically zero.

I don’t know that any of the personnel decisions thus far move the needle further towards zero especially when our priors pretty much all had Lake as having a better than average chance based on his dedication to the recruiting side of things, position group success, and CP/Kwat vouching.
    I’m good with cordwood, as the poet @RaceBannon used the word.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Pac 12 North and Colorado

Run the table or GTFO
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

He can't.

guntlove said:

dOgmaster said:

He can't.

Wait, really?

I was cautiously optimistic when Jimmy was hired, but every single thing he's done since being named head coach has moved the needle further towards zero. Terrible OC hire, retention of shitty coaches, disastrous recruiting. It's been a shit show.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If we cant beat Cristobal in an empty Autzen burn the program down ala WWU