Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your favorite type of camping?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rough Car Camping
    dnc said:

White supremacy thread OTD, btw

Basically my whole bored if you were to axe some.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    If any of you went camping and woke up with vasoline on on your ass, would you tell anyone?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rough Car Camping
    Baseman said:

If any of you went camping and woke up with vasoline on on your ass, would you tell anyone?

Dark shit man.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
    As long as there are some cute chicks and booze I'm down.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RV or Van
    Baseman said:

Sounds like you must be asking for a friend?
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,101
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tent - State or USFS Campground
    I am fine with a tent, but no more sleeping on the ground. I need me a blow up air mattress.
    I was at Dawgs Under the States with the gf a few years ago and we boned on the 50 yd line after watching Finding Nemo!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

I am fine with a tent, but no more sleeping on the ground. I need me a blow up air mattress.
    I was at Dawgs Under the States with the gf a few years ago and we boned on the 50 yd line after watching Finding Nemo!

you filleted her?
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,257
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Last time I slept in a tent was in Europe 25 years ago. My wife has been pushing for a motor home, and while it sounds intriguing, neighbors on both sides have them, and spend more time taking them to get worked on than they do traveling in them. I am old, and soft as fuck...
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fishpo31 said:

Last time I slept in a tent was in Europe 25 years ago. My wife has been pushing for a motor home, and while it sounds intriguing, neighbors on both sides have them, and spend more time taking them to get worked on than they do traveling in them. I am old, and soft as fuck...

Motor homes are the new boats.

The best two days of your life: the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    We had a camper when I was a kid. Big one. We'd load that thing on the Jeep J20 and head up in the hills, find a landing on the end of a road, put the jackstands and sawhorses down, and take off in the Jeep to go 4-wheeling or hunting grouse or finding chanterelles. Most of my best childhood memories are of camping/fishing/hunting trips.

I only camp once or twice a year any more, but I still dig it like I did when I was a kid. I don't think I'd use an RV enough to justify the headache of owning one. A tent, air mattress and camp stove gets the job done.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rough Car Camping

Fishpo31 said:

Motor homes are the new boats.

The best two days of your life: the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it.
    This. I can see buying some cheapo throwaway travel trailer where you don't care about the depreciation and beat on it. But I hear nothing but horror stories regarding motor homes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We might rent a RV one of these days. Buying seems foolish
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RV or Van
    RVs in my experience don't have the build quality to hold up to the type of use they're made for...basically any use at all.

Air conditioning can be a nice thing if you're camping in extreme heat like when we used to go to the SE Idaho dunes in July. I can't see any other reason for me to have one. A 4x4 van tricked out to hold and quickly unload a nice tent site with a group shelter and tables, etc, a kitchen setup that can fold outward off the side, outside shower, space to sleep in a pinch, and a boat behind it are ideal. Basically everything about an RV can be done better like this aside from indoor, air conditioned sitting space which is rarely needed.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

RVs in my experience don't have the build quality to hold up to the type of use they're made for...basically any use at all.

Air conditioning can be a nice thing if you're camping in extreme heat like when we used to go to the SE Idaho dunes in July. I can't see any other reason for me to have one. A 4x4 van tricked out to hold and quickly unload a nice tent site with a group shelter and tables, etc, a kitchen setup that can fold outward off the side, outside shower, space to sleep in a pinch, and a boat behind it are ideal. Basically everything about an RV can be done better like this aside from indoor, air conditioned sitting space which is rarely needed.

Things people from the south don't say