Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mother of 7th grade football player tased and arrested

2»

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

She wasn't tased and arrested for not wearing a mask. She was tased and arrested because she was asked to leave and refused and resisted a police officer. Do I think it's stupid to kick a parent out who's social distancing without a mask when we allow people to eat at restaurants without masks, hell yes I do. However, do I think a school has the right to make a rule and if not followed you can be asked to leave? yes. In this case you either follow the rules of the establishment, aka the school, or don't attend. But when you are asked to leave and you refuse, you are trespassing, and if you resist a police officer it becomes a crime. If asthma was her problem, I imagine a face shield would have been an ok option as it's less restrictive than an actual mask. Stupid it came to that, but the parent should know better. Refused to allow her 7th grade son witness her become a victim of Government Tyranny.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    RoadTrip said:

She wasn't tased and arrested for not wearing a mask. She was tased and arrested because she was asked to leave and refused and resisted a police officer. Do I think it's stupid to kick a parent out who's social distancing without a mask when we allow people to eat at restaurants without masks, hell yes I do. However, do I think a school has the right to make a rule and if not followed you can be asked to leave? yes. In this case you either follow the rules of the establishment, aka the school, or don't attend. But when you are asked to leave and you refuse, you are trespassing, and if you resist a police officer it becomes a crime. If asthma was her problem, I imagine a face shield would have been an ok option as it's less restrictive than an actual mask. Stupid it came to that, but the parent should know better.

Get on the train. Those are the rules
    The better option is to comply comply with the arrest attempt and then sue the shit out of the municipality for whatever. Any litigator worth their salt could trump up a case. Even the threat of a suit means ka-ching to the mom. Cities don't want to fuck around with claims for a couple hundred grand. They just don't.

Christ, Breonna Taylor's family extracted a $12 Million settlement from the City of Louisville solely on the race card and threats of litigation.

Hate the game, not the player.

But, yes, this is pretty well fucked action. It would lead the national news if it was a white cop and a black mom.

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

Imagine her kid on the field watching his mom get arrested.

If you were having dinner outside and a gang of BLM thugs came up and demanded you raise your fist in solidarity, what would you do in front of your family? I've never played by other people's rules and it's why I more successful than most. I was in SoCal for a baseball tournament last weekend and the entire park had these sections of ground marked by blue tape all over the place. Inside the blue tape you didn't have to wear a mask. Inches away from them you had the mask nazis harrassing you to put your mask back on. You do realize how retarded that is right? I just kept walking away from the fat ass eventually settling for the left field chain link fence; without a fucking mask!
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    doogie said:

She wasn't tased and arrested for not wearing a mask. She was tased and arrested because she was asked to leave and refused and resisted a police officer. Do I think it's stupid to kick a parent out who's social distancing without a mask when we allow people to eat at restaurants without masks, hell yes I do. However, do I think a school has the right to make a rule and if not followed you can be asked to leave? yes. In this case you either follow the rules of the establishment, aka the school, or don't attend. But when you are asked to leave and you refuse, you are trespassing, and if you resist a police officer it becomes a crime. If asthma was her problem, I imagine a face shield would have been an ok option as it's less restrictive than an actual mask. Stupid it came to that, but the parent should know better. Refused to allow her 7th grade son witness her become a victim of Government Tyranny.

doogie works for the man until mid April to pay his tax burden.

Thinks wearing a mask is stealing his freedom.

lol
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    RoadTrip said:

If you were having dinner outside and a gang of BLM thugs came up and demanded you raise your fist in solidarity, what would you do in front of your family? I've never played by other people's rules and it's why I more successful than most. I was in SoCal for a baseball tournament last weekend and the entire park had these sections of ground marked by blue tape all over the place. Inside the blue tape you didn't have to wear a mask. Inches away from them you had the mask nazis harrassing you to put your mask back on. You do realize how retarded that is right? I just kept walking away from the fat ass eventually settling for the left field chain link fence; without a fucking mask!
    yet here you are
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    doogie said:

RoadTrip said:

yet here you are
    I didn't say not playing by the rules has been easy. It's hard.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,230

Wouldn’t it be easier for all parties involved just to tell her to sit away from the other parents without a mask? It just seems there is an easy way to solve this made up conflict. Get a mask, give her one from the school (I’m sure they have hundreds of disposable ones), have her sit away from others (I’m sure the middle school game was packed). The whole thing is retarded.

Then rent a cop would have to give up his power