Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When does a mass shooting become a non-story?

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Amazing how often this happens.

https://wjla.com/news/local/multiple-people-shot-overnight-in-southeast-dc

Think LeBron will say anything about it?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Michael Rappaport has been losing his mind over this one. He's a flaming liberal but he's been spot on calling out BLM for not saying a fucking thing when when blacks gun down their own.

Fuck LeBron.

• georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    I've brought this up a couple of times, but over the summer there was a drive by a little over a mile from my place. Seven shot two killed. I only knew about because of the Nextdoor app. Had a conversation with a liberal friend of mine a couple of weeks ago about BLM- She said she has a number of black friends who are terrified to let their kids drive in ATL because they're afraid of them being arrested and killed for Driving while black and insisted that whites (in general) are hunting blacks. She wasn't aware of this shooting even though it was a short walk from her house. She also didn't know about the little girl who was shot and killed by protesters at the Rayshawn Brooks Wendy's. Needless to say she didn't like the facts that I gave her and insisted her argument was perfectly valid because that's how they "Felt" . Honestly, her comments were facts be damned- feelings are what matters.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Just had another drive by shooting within blocks of home about an hour ago.

Sleepy suburban cops racing around chasing no one, sirens blaring. Woke the dog. Fuckers.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    It’s so depressing that the media promotes or hides which lives matter, based solely on skin color or religious affiliation.

And I mean SOLELY.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    A friend I grew up with was shot by the police about 2 years ago for "aggressively wielding a butter knife" in public. It took me over a year to hear about it bc it was barely even reported by local news let alone picked up nationally. I just asked a mutual friend if he'd heard from him one day and that's how I found out.

Can you guess why you've never heard his name?