Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!









Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Even though Thornton is seen to be a heavy Oregon lean this should help

DJDuckDJDuck Posts: 4,701
1,000 Awesomes 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
edited September 18 in Duck Refuge
Daymon David, 4-star safety, commits to Oregon Ducks over Michigan; Is he part of bluechip package deal?

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/09/daymon-david-4-star-safety-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-michigan-is-he-part-of-bluechip-package-deal.html

They are friends and play against each other David is a DB at Franklin HS and Dont’e is a wide receiver for Mt. St. Joseph. They probably have had many battles.
dnc

Comments

  • dncdnc Posts: 47,523
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 25000 Comments
    DJDuck said:

    Daymon David, 4-star safety, commits to Oregon Ducks over Michigan; Is he part of bluechip package deal?

    https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/09/daymon-david-4-star-safety-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-michigan-is-he-part-of-bluechip-package-deal.html

    They are friends and play against each other David is a DB at Franklin HS and Dont’e is a wide receiver for Mt. St. Joseph. They probably have had many battles.

    K
    greenblood
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 10,622
    10,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary
    edited September 18
    Thornton has already committed, he’s just announcing in January.
    dnc
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Posts: 290
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes
    I think greenblood is correct. Thompson’s tweet made it seem like he was a silent commit.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Posts: 290
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes
    With Thornton that puts the class at 22. Have room for two more: JTT and Foster. Excellent class at every position.
    DJDuck
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 10,622
    10,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments Seventh Anniversary
    edited September 18
    dOgmaster said:

    With Thornton that puts the class at 22. Have room for two more: JTT and Foster. Excellent class at every position.

    Oregon will make room for Foster, JTT, and/or Foreman. It doesn’t matter if it’s one or all three. Any school would make the numbers work for players of their caliber.
    DJDuck
  • DJDuckDJDuck Posts: 4,701
    1,000 Awesomes 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes
    I just can’t imagine Foster committing to OU with the Duck connections and wanting to participate in track. Oregon’s track tradition and the New Hayward field should make him a lock but who knows.
  • DJDuck said:

    I just can’t imagine Foster committing to OU with the Duck connections and wanting to participate in track. Oregon’s track tradition and the New Hayward field should make him a lock but who knows.

    I'm pretty sure Bryce Foster isn't going to Oregon. I'd love to be wrong, but it looks to be all Oklahoma.

    Foster being a really good shot put guy is negligible. Unless it is his greatest passion in life, which doesn't seem like it.

    Out of curiosity I wasted too much effort to see how much track and field people earn. Unless you are an elite sprinter or distance runner you'd be better off with an entry level day job. And almost all of them do have day jobs.

    Ryan Crouser is the top shot putter in the world. He's the reigning Olympic gold medalist, and has been the golden boy of the sport since his HS days in Oregon. He's sponsored by Nike and gets a stipend from USTF. How much does he make? Shoe companies aren't giving out their contract details, but in an article sports agents estimated a high of $100k. That's it. For being the face of his sport. An NFL practice squad player makes $145k for 17 weeks. A 5th round draft NFL draft pick that makes a roster will make more than Galen Rupp.

    Foster has gotten shot put and discuss attention because he's a football star. His personal best wouldn't have placed him in the top-5 in California. His PR is 61 feet. A kid in California did 71 last year. His dream of being an Olympic medalist is likely not happening unless he decides to sacrifice football and his entire life to train.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Posts: 290
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes
    Texas A&M has a really good track team as well. Don't count them out.
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Posts: 290
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 25 Awesomes
    Foreman is said to be a package deal with DT Maason Smith. I would bet they end up at LSU, as Foreman has a DB teammate that is committed to LSU as well.
Sign In or Register to comment.