Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Even though Thornton is seen to be a heavy Oregon lean this should help

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited September 2020 in Duck Refuge
Daymon David, 4-star safety, commits to Oregon Ducks over Michigan; Is he part of bluechip package deal?

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/09/daymon-david-4-star-safety-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-michigan-is-he-part-of-bluechip-package-deal.html

They are friends and play against each other David is a DB at Franklin HS and Dont’e is a wide receiver for Mt. St. Joseph. They probably have had many battles.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

Daymon David, 4-star safety, commits to Oregon Ducks over Michigan; Is he part of bluechip package deal?

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2020/09/daymon-david-4-star-safety-commits-to-oregon-ducks-over-michigan-is-he-part-of-bluechip-package-deal.html

They are friends and play against each other David is a DB at Franklin HS and Dont’e is a wide receiver for Mt. St. Joseph. They probably have had many battles.

K
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2020
    Thornton has already committed, he’s just announcing in January.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think greenblood is correct. Thompson’s tweet made it seem like he was a silent commit.
  • Options
    With Thornton that puts the class at 22. Have room for two more: JTT and Foster. Excellent class at every position.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2020
    dOgmaster said:

With Thornton that puts the class at 22. Have room for two more: JTT and Foster. Excellent class at every position.

Oregon will make room for Foster, JTT, and/or Foreman. It doesn’t matter if it’s one or all three. Any school would make the numbers work for players of their caliber.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I just can’t imagine Foster committing to OU with the Duck connections and wanting to participate in track. Oregon’s track tradition and the New Hayward field should make him a lock but who knows.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    DJDuck said:

I just can’t imagine Foster committing to OU with the Duck connections and wanting to participate in track. Oregon’s track tradition and the New Hayward field should make him a lock but who knows.

I'm pretty sure Bryce Foster isn't going to Oregon. I'd love to be wrong, but it looks to be all Oklahoma.

Foster being a really good shot put guy is negligible. Unless it is his greatest passion in life, which doesn't seem like it.

Out of curiosity I wasted too much effort to see how much track and field people earn. Unless you are an elite sprinter or distance runner you'd be better off with an entry level day job. And almost all of them do have day jobs.

Ryan Crouser is the top shot putter in the world. He's the reigning Olympic gold medalist, and has been the golden boy of the sport since his HS days in Oregon. He's sponsored by Nike and gets a stipend from USTF. How much does he make? Shoe companies aren't giving out their contract details, but in an article sports agents estimated a high of $100k. That's it. For being the face of his sport. An NFL practice squad player makes $145k for 17 weeks. A 5th round draft NFL draft pick that makes a roster will make more than Galen Rupp.

Foster has gotten shot put and discuss attention because he's a football star. His personal best wouldn't have placed him in the top-5 in California. His PR is 61 feet. A kid in California did 71 last year. His dream of being an Olympic medalist is likely not happening unless he decides to sacrifice football and his entire life to train.
  • Options
    Texas A&M has a really good track team as well. Don't count them out.
  • Options
    Foreman is said to be a package deal with DT Maason Smith. I would bet they end up at LSU, as Foreman has a DB teammate that is committed to LSU as well.