Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NFL Fans REVOLT Over Social Justice, Kaepernick Whining Now That He's Irrelevant

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Today’s rookies and tomorrow’s players will never know what it’s like to play in front of a crowd. Sad.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,841 Standard Supporter
    I have found I don't miss it. As a matter of fact I have replaced the old sitting on my ass watching pro sports with other activities. I will never go back. I have spoken to many many people who feel the same way I do so it has to be effecting the viewership at some level, probably not enough to do serious damage or send a harsh message that would change the behavior of these multimillionaire, broke after three years out of the league, jerks. Football players more than any other athlete owe the country a hell of a lot for their opportunities. .
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Swaye said:

I didn't watch a game. And I won't. I spent the weekend with my chainsaw clearing the back 40. Think I might aerate and seed the next couple of weekends. Way more fulfilling than watching overpaid idiots who whine all day.

I'm out on the NBA and the NFL until they get their shit together. The stand for the black anthem/kneel for the national anthem was a massive fuck you to this country.

You want to stand for both, fine. I can live with that. You want respect, give respect. But demanding respect while pissing on another's treasured symbols? Like we say, fuck off.

Sounds like your purple fragility showing
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I didn't watch a game. And I won't. I spent the weekend with my chainsaw clearing the back 40. Think I might aerate and seed the next couple of weekends. Way more fulfilling than watching overpaid idiots who whine all day.

I'm out on the NBA and the NFL until they get their shit together. The stand for the black anthem/kneel for the national anthem was a massive fuck you to this country.

You want to stand for both, fine. I can live with that. You want respect, give respect. But demanding respect while pissing on another's treasured symbols? Like we say, fuck off.

That was...actually a decent quip.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

That was...actually a decent quip.

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,165
    it was pretty cool to see the dolphins do so much for social justice and then try to snatch cam newton's chain after the game.

not a dry eye in the stadium iirc.