Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We are a little nicked up

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,572
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
How often will we hear Sark talk about being nicked up? Injuries, lack of depth, youth.......once again the theme of UW football.

The circus last Saturday was a testament as to how hard this team worked in the spring. Sark made it clear that college football is a grind for the kids and he wanted it to be a reward. Let's have some cotton candy, pretzels and watch some golf!! Perfect!!

Okay, forget about ending the spring game with a serious game and setting the tone for fall camp. Instead it was some sort of weird practice of drills and then highlighting Price showing little confidence and heaving the ball down the field with no sense of command of what he was doing. Did he look like a senior QB? His comments to Yogi about it being an odd spring practice and trying to figure out the tempo of the offense provided only more concern.

The shotgun offense looks to be a disaster in the making, was the pistol honestly rearing its ugly head?
Why not put the season on the shoulders of Sankey and Washington. If washington can put on 10 pounds in the next 6 months you will have a 220 pound back to compliment Sankey. Sprinkle in some Callier, and it looks to be a potent running game? Though has there been anything potent about UW football in 15 years? I guess one issue is that there doesn't seem to be a fullback that can be counted on yet.

If the defense is supposed to be so good, why not develop a grinding offense control the clock and then let the defense do its thing?
I have heard rumors that the d-line won't make this a reality.

Instead this season will be about flash and tempo. Okay, whatever.

Highlights? Sean Parker actually looks like he could be a dominant player. Though the free safety position is in serious trouble.

Corey Littleton looks like he could contribute. Who knows about Shelton being that he was going against the UW o-line. Sims looks like he could make an impact at WR. Still not sold on Campbell to compliment Kasen.

I honestly wasn't not impressed with Miles and Lindquist's arm strength. They kept saying on TV that they had strong arms, I guess I just didn't see it.

Maybe I am just a negative jerk, but once again lots of question marks.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Take it to the Nicked Up Board.

What is Uncle Bo's take?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Take it to the Nicked Up Board.

What is Uncle Bo's take?

It was only funny the first 23 times he was kicked out of practice....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Bo's take if I were to venture a guess would be one word. "Soft"
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013
    Isn't it odd Sark has talked and talked about how his offense has "withstood the test of time" numerous times in the past, but his offense now barely even resembles the offense he used to talk about?

I think the best offense would be running Sankey 20-25 times and using a committee to run another 15-20 times. Add in some play action to your excellent TE as well as it helping draw the safeties up so Kasen can get 1 on 1 battles downfield and it seems like a good offense. I guess it is not innovative enough for a bright offensive mind like Sark. The shit about him being one of the best playcallers, brightest offensive minds is a joke. There are multiple coaches in this conference who are better offensive minds than he is, not to mention the rest of the country.

This thing this team did best last year was run with Sankey with Price under center. It seems odd to abandon the team's strength.

I know Sims had a nice spring scrimmage, but he's just a flavor of the week. He was not mentioned in any practice reports before the scrimmage or by the coaches in media interviews. He has tons of guys ahead of him, not to mention he very well could get passed up by the incoming freshman. It's 50-50 he makes it to fall camp and I will bet anyone $100 he catches no more than 10 passes if he does make it to fall camp. Josh Perkins had a nice spring game last year and the doogs did the same thing they are doing with Sims.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Again, there is talk relying on incoming freshman to fill voids. Awesome.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013
    jecornel said:

Way to bend my words, especially right after you drool over Washington who is a freshman himself. I know Sark, he will have a tough time resisting playing some of the freshmen. Every year but 2010, we have had true freshman getting solid playing time at WR. James Johnson in 2009, Kasen Williams in 2011, and Jaydon Mickens last year. You really think Sark likes Sims (a guy who he thought he could redshirt last year) better than his highly regarded true freshmen?

That said, I agree that the freshmen probably will not have a huge impact next year. I think they have a better shot at an impact than Sims, though.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Kim said they are veterans this year. To think anything else is just silly.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    How many WR/RB's are there on this team?

RB- Sankey, Callier, Taylor, Washington, Wilson, McDaniel
    WR- Kasen, JJ, Smith, Campbell, 3 freshman, Sims, Hall, Mickens, Perkins

Seems like there are a few too many RB's and way too many WR's.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How many WR/RB's are there on this team?

RB- Sankey, Callier, Taylor, Washington, Wilson, McDaniel
    WR- Kasen, JJ, Smith, Campbell, 3 freshman, Sims, Hall, Mickens, Perkins

Seems like there are a few too many RB's and way too many WR's.

Ya think?

Rick without the rose bowl.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,252
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rick without the Rose Bowl? That's silly
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you want to say we are dinged up, that's fine, but if you're going to say we are nicked up, you're gone.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing Mickens will be a multiple threat kind of guy. They will spread him all over the field, RB, slot receiver, H-back, special teams. His role will be expanded to maximize Sark's cutting edge offensive schemes. It should make for exciting up tempo offense.