Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

George R.R. Martin’s request to build Santa Fe castle denied

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    A writer of tremendous skill but whose reach ultimately exceeded his grasp, demoralized by his fans' exegetical ability and what he sees as their unjust demands, who finds himself wealthy and famous beyond his dreams but now bereft of the scaffolds he used to get there.

George R. R. Martin will never finish A Song of Ice and Fire. He can't. And he doesn't want to. So he won't. A shame, really. A Storm of Swords might be the greatest literary fiction ever written.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Get George the fuck out of the way and let JK Rowling finish it.

Either her or @Swaye because we need some sweet fictional hookers and blow tales. He's got to have a lot of pent up thoughts since becoming a daddy and CLS losing her freak.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Get George the fuck out of the way and let JK Rowling finish it.

Either her or @Swaye because we need some sweet fictional hookers and blow tales. He's got to have a lot of pent up thoughts since becoming a daddy and CLS losing her freak.

I hate my life. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    The other major fag is the dude who wrote the name of the wind.

He's like lol it's just the prequels!!!

Like bitch you can't even finish 3
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020
    Fuck that guy. How do you create something so perfect (the first 3 books) and then outright refuse to finish it. ASoS came out in like 99 for fucks fucking sake.

Books 4 and 5 were horrible.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Fuck that guy. How do you create something so perfect (the first 3 books) and then outright refuse to finish it. ASoS came out in like 99 for fucks fucking sake.

Wheel of Time > Unfinished ASOIAF

The Stormlight Archives are also going to surpass Martins unfinished dreck.

Dont @ me nerds.
    Houhusky said:

Dont @ me nerds.
    Bitch I've been rereading. I'm halfway through Oathbringer but doing it slow since it's like 2 more months until Rhythm of War comes out.

Fuck that lazy sack of shit. You know what his library won't have? The ending of The Song of Ice and Fire. He wrote three of the best books I have ever read. He followed it up with two loooooong books that expanded his world beyond the scope that he could tie back up. I finished the last written book in that series at the airport coming back from the Alamo Bowel loss to Baylor. Fuck GRRM. Fuck Patrick Rothfuss while we are at it. Finish what you start. That's all I ask.

Rothfuss at least kept his world reasonable and can still realistically finish what he wrote, even if it takes a few extra years.

GRRM bit off more than he could chew and then decided to go on a decade-long media tour while trying to pretend he doesn't have a massive project that needs to be wrapped up. And then he handed the keys to his baby to a couple shit wit TV writers who turned his masterpiece into a shitty rendition of medieval transformers. An even bigger letdown than 2020 Mike Hopkins.
    Every fantasy author should be mormon and just pound out books like Sanderson.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Never read any of this shit and you guys make me very grateful for my life decisions.

Nor did I so watching it on HBO was just mindless entertainment and tits and ass
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    Should watch Rome on HBO. Lots of Roman T&A.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I can't read - take this shit to yellow's bored
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,498 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020

Houhusky said:

Dont @ me nerds.
    Bitch I've been rereading. I'm halfway through Oathbringer but doing it slow since it's like 2 more months until Rhythm of War comes out.
    Stormlight is fucking whack

Idk how anyone that loves the first three Game of Thrones books can find that appealing

I stopped reading at like 300 pages in when some superhero was forced into conscription by moving bridges around and was somehow getting stronger on a 200 calorie slave diet

The little fairy creature energy things were dumb too

Dont get the hype

Houhusky said:

Dont @ me nerds.
    Stormlight is fucking whack

Idk how anyone that loves the first three Game of Thrones books can find that appealing

I stopped reading at like 300 pages in when some superhero was forced into conscription by moving bridges around and was somehow getting stronger on a 200 calorie slave diet

The little fairy creature energy things were dumb too

Dont get the hype
    Suck my balls dickhead