Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CA and OR Wildfires

124»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

doogie said:

I pretty much assume everyone on the Tug is an asshole, including me, but this is unreal. That’s 1/8th of our state’s population.

https://apnews.com/8e4e0818146a72c713de625e902f9962

Latest: 500,000 people in Oregon forced to flee wildfires

where did they flee to?
    Hopefully they don't fee north and infect this clean country. We can tolerate them in reasonable amounts, but beyond that they'll start to adversely affect our culture.
    This is comedy, right? Washington is already full blown AIDS.
    You're having a bad day. Sit this one out Skippy.
    I know much more than you do about Washington politics. You can be smart and not know something about everything, which is fine. Nobody will think less of you, Creep.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

doogie said:

I pretty much assume everyone on the Tug is an asshole, including me, but this is unreal. That’s 1/8th of our state’s population.

where did they flee to?
    Hopefully they don't fee north and infect this clean country. We can tolerate them in reasonable amounts, but beyond that they'll start to adversely affect our culture.
    I know much more than you do about Washington politics. You can be smart and not know something about everything, which is fine. Nobody will think less of you, Creep.
    You’re missing an old reference and thus critical context to the OP, which was OBK-related spoofing. Hence, my unsolicited advice to sit this one out.

For that and so many other reasons, I’m not at all interested in a Washington / Oregon retard count with you. I’m happy to concede that you know more about that than do I.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,669
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

doogie said:

where did they flee to?
    You’re missing an old reference and thus critical context to the OP, which was OBK-related spoofing. Hence, my unsolicited advice to sit this one out.

For that and so many other reasons, I’m not at all interested in a Washington / Oregon retard count with you. I’m happy to concede that you know more about that than do I.
    Oregon 10/10

Washington 9/10

Where the fuck is oregon anyway
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

doogie said:

where did they flee to?

Oregon 10/10

Washington 9/10

Souf of us. Down there in that burning, unclean country.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,230

doogie said:

where did they flee to?

Oregon 10/10

Washington 9/10

Souf of us. Down there in that burning, unclean country.
    Sounds like a sexual reference to roof.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Portland

"A man in Oregon was arrested early Monday for setting "multiple" fires along a freeway in Portland, hours after he was released from custody for setting another brush fire along the same roadway, according to police.

Lopez was later released and then started the six additional fires on Monday morning, according to police."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-man-portland-arrest-fires-interstate-205-wildfire-warning-fire-weather-police

Should be charged for multiple counts of attempted murder...
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,672
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He was protesting peacefully
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Houhusky said:

Portland

"A man in Oregon was arrested early Monday for setting "multiple" fires along a freeway in Portland, hours after he was released from custody for setting another brush fire along the same roadway, according to police.

Lopez was later released and then started the six additional fires on Monday morning, according to police."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-man-portland-arrest-fires-interstate-205-wildfire-warning-fire-weather-police

Should be charged for multiple counts of attempted murder...

Rioters released within hours to continue rioting.
    Arsonists released within hours to continue starting wildfires.

Vote Democrat! Liberalism is a mental disorder.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,271
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Some science, numbers and sh*t.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/09/fire-fanaticism.php

The real reason for the large fires is the overloading of our western forests over the last several decades, which can be laid at the feet of excessive and misguided fire suppression starting almost a century ago, and environmentalist opposition to any pro-active forest management on public lands. Environmentalists without fail run to the courthouse to block every Forest Service forest thinning plans, delaying and sometime blocking sensible forest management.

This morning I updated my old time-series of total acres burned in the U.S. since 1930 that I used to include in my annual Index of Leading Environmental Indicators, and you can see that the U.S. used to experience as much as 50 million acres burned in some years. That number fell to as low as 2 million from the 1950s through the 1970s, when it became more evident that this was a mistake.

The interesting thing with the current climatista fanaticism is that the best refutation of it comes from ProPublica, a distinctively left-wing media outlet. The entire article is worth a read if you have time, but here are the important numbers from the article:

Yes, there’s been talk across the U.S. Forest Service and California state agencies about doing more prescribed burns and managed burns. The point of that “good fire” would be to create a black-and-green checkerboard across the state. The black burned parcels would then provide a series of dampers and dead ends to keep the fire intensity lower when flames spark in hot, dry conditions, as they did this past week. But we’ve had far too little “good fire,” as the Cassandras call it. Too little purposeful, healthy fire. Too few acres intentionally burned or corralled by certified “burn bosses” (yes, that’s the official term in the California Resources Code) to keep communities safe in weeks like this.

Academics believe that between 4.4 million and 11.8 million acres burned each year in prehistoric California. Between 1982 and 1998, California’s agency land managers burned, on average, about 30,000 acres a year. Between 1999 and 2017, that number dropped to an annual 13,000 acres. The state passed a few new laws in 2018 designed to facilitate more intentional burning. But few are optimistic this, alone, will lead to significant change. We live with a deathly backlog. In February 2020, Nature Sustainability published this terrifying conclusion: California would need to burn 20 million acres — an area about the size of Maine — to restabilize in terms of fire. . .

Carl Skinner, another Cassandra, who started firefighting in Lassen County in 1968 and who retired in 2014 after 42 years managing and researching fire for the U.S. Forest Service, sounded profoundly, existentially tired. “We’ve been talking about how this is where we were headed for decades.”
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Some more science, numbers and sh*t

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Phucking Indians burning sh*t down. And I thought they were the caretakers of mother earth.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Wrong, an austere spirit airline passenger once said "California is a black queen"
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,548

Phucking Indians burning sh*t down. And I thought they were the caretakers of mother earth.

They were, kept the big fires away
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To live in San Diego, California is to literally live in A Hot Furnace of a Whales Vagina.