Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Trump is right yes. But he's also had the power of the presidency for 4 years to actually do something about it.

Instead he's raised military spending every year and brags about it.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter

Trump is right yes. But he's also had the power of the presidency for 4 years to actually do something about it.

Instead he's raised military spending every year and brags about it.

Because Obunghole gutted the military budget left our troops short and decapitated the leadership to install generals that would play by ObaMao rules. Those generals don't play well with an actual president!
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

As someone who has seen it from the chinside, Trump is 100% right about this. The majority of flag rank officers are completely in the pocket of defense industry giants, and the pay off is always after they retire and take cushy 400-600K a year jobs as Rolodex warriors. Impossible to be objective. As usual, taxpayers get the short end of the stick.

People who are entirely removed from the military do not understand how slimy and political it is at the very top.

Even just my O-4 family member found ridiculous expenses on a report and no one even batted an eye. My FIL left shortly after reaching O6 over some internal politicking he had no interest in participating in.

There are lots of good people that are Squids and the Joes (shitty too), and there are plenty of brave heroic Captain America types with higher rank, but people have a really distorted view of the purity of the hierarchy. Its one of the largest bureaucracies in the world, controlled by politicians, with tons of money flying between public, private, governments, and secret state department shit... Its going to be a bit slimy at the top.

Vinman was a beady eyed fuck. That's all I needed to about the higher ups in the military.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    a little research and this kind of thing shows up everywhere, top generals = top executives, it doesn't matter

I was involved with the Tanker program but cannot talk about it.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

a little research and this kind of thing shows up everywhere, top generals = top executives, it doesn't matter

I was involved with the Tanker program but cannot talk about it.