Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

College Football is Back — But Huskies and Pac-12 Remain on Outside, Looking In

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The number being wrong is lame, but 15% of top-tier, young athletes having heart issues after COVID is still quite the headline.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its 0% so far in the NFL

Stay tuned things change
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its 0% so far in the NFL

Stay tuned things change

Isn't it also zero cases of CTE in the NFL as well?...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you dive into all of it there isn't support for 15% in college either. But I'm not dying on any hill. Too many agendas. Quite honestly i don't know
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you dive into all of it there isn't support for 15% in college either. But I'm not dying on any hill. Too many agendas. Quite honestly i don't know

I don't either. Was the first I heard of any heart study in college athletics (HCH was your source?). Just pointing out that the NFL has proven to not be a trustworthy actor.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

They are throwing out numbers because they are scared of liability. I could be wrong, but it’s also well past time to simply move on with life.

Football and sports in general aren’t important yet at the same time, they are. They bring in a lot of money, pay for a lot of other shit, and also bring big business in their local areas. People gather at bars, throw parties for games, travel to games, etc. Is shutting all that down really worth it?

No but America decided to treat everyone in the country the same whether they were 9 or 79 so here we are, with the true fallout still tbd.

Since Jim Heckman left SW Magazine in the mid 90's his ability to get to the ceo/top spots of multiple business is only exceeded by his ability to run those said businesses into the ground by slashing and burning the staff/business model, repeating the process when said businesses revenue falls off the cliff, and finally either being forced out or leaving when they company is a shell of it's former shelf and on life support.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nobody is coming from on high to open things up. We the people will have to do it if we want it. Or not.

Politicians respond to pressure. And money. Mostly money 💰
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

They are throwing out numbers because they are scared of liability. I could be wrong, but it’s also well past time to simply move on with life.

Football and sports in general aren’t important yet at the same time, they are. They bring in a lot of money, pay for a lot of other shit, and also bring big business in their local areas. People gather at bars, throw parties for games, travel to games, etc. Is shutting all that down really worth it?

People's lives and businesses were fucked months ago. Now something as trivial as sports is the tipping point?

Fuck anyone who thinks that. Fuck sports and anyone who puts that in front of people' livelihoods.