Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I like Dave Grohl a lot and he seems like a great guy, but Foo Fighters > Nirvana is an awful take.

How was Kurt Cobains Zoom drum-off?

Too soon?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Nirvana has the better highlights

Foo Fighters has the better body of work
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Nirvana has the better highlights

Foo Fighters has the better body of work

One is a solid mainstream rock band. The other was ground changing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    *ground breaking.
  • Options
    Smells Like Teen Spirit is as iconic as it gets ... no argument for me

I always was more Team Pearl Jam than Team Nirvana ... I am a little more kind of Nirvana as I age

My problem with Nirvana is that early teenage me knew listening to the balance of Nirvana's songs and watching their videos back when MTV actually played videos that Kurt Cobain was fucked up and not long for the world. Knowing that made it really hard to really like a lot of their stuff.

Perhaps that puts some bias on my view ... but that's how I look at things. I don't watch sports, listen to music, etc. to get depressed.

I
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Smells Like Teen Spirit is as iconic as it gets ... no argument for me

I always was more Team Pearl Jam than Team Nirvana ... I am a little more kind of Nirvana as I age

My problem with Nirvana is that early teenage me knew listening to the balance of Nirvana's songs and watching their videos back when MTV actually played videos that Kurt Cobain was fucked up and not long for the world. Knowing that made it really hard to really like a lot of their stuff.

Perhaps that puts some bias on my view ... but that's how I look at things. I don't watch sports, listen to music, etc. to get depressed.

I

We’ve had this thread before but I don’t get depressed at all listening to Nirvana or Alice In Chains. Maybe a song or three, but most their catalogs just have me rocking out.
  • Options
    Right ... to each their own.

And I'm the same way in that I definitely listen to both Nirvana and AIC ... both truly great.

Guess the easiest way for me to explain my position is that if I'm going to go shoot hoops for 45 minutes to an hour ... I can definitely go through that workout listening to the Foo Fighters. I can do that to a song here and there for Nirvana and AIC ... but not a full album.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Cobain vocals were awful. Maybe they fit the mood of the music. Guy couldn't sing for shit, though, IMO.