Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    So he complied with the police requests and nothing happened to him. The HORROR!!!!!

Look, the whole thing about blacks being pulled over by the cops more often is real, I don't deny that and I know too many people who have told me that it happens. I know that must suck, but if you don't act like an asswhole and comply with their request nothing will happen to you.

You can blame the cops and say it's due to racism or you can look at the crime numbers and see who it is that's committing most of the violent crime, especially in urban areas.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,131 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020
    Imagine how you'd feel if you thought every time the police stopped you for a traffic violation it was systemic racism. Notice not one of them was EVER doing anything wrong? Reminds me of prison inmates none of them are guilty either.
    edited August 2020
    Sledog said:

Imagine how you'd feel if you thought every time the police stopped you for a traffic violation it was systemic racism. Notice not one of them was EVER doing anything wrong? Reminds me of prison inmates none of them are guilty either.

Honestly I guess that is a form of white privilege. Whenever I get pulled over, and it used to happen a lot when I was younger and driving a shitty car, I never thought it had anything to do with my skin color.

This is related to the Michelle Obama thread from yesterday, maybe the cop is a racist and did only pull him over because he is black, possible, not very likely but possible. Or maybe the cop pulled him over for the reason he stated. Either way, the driver believes it was due to racism, just like Michelle believes people being rude is on account of racism.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,843 Standard Supporter
    "Didn't do anything wrong". Heard that a 1000 times, even from my own kids.

What are the odds that he got away with a moving violation BECAUSE of who he was? I can tell you from personal experience in college and my 20's that athletes who were friends got away with way more than I did because of who they were.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2020
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Honestly I guess that is a form of white privilege. Whenever I get pulled over, and it used to happen a lot when I was younger and driving a shitty car, I never thought it had anything to do with my skin color.

This is related to the Michelle Obama thread from yesterday, maybe the cop is a racist and did only pull him over because he is black, possible, not very likely but possible. Or maybe the cop pulled him over for the reason he stated. Either way, the driver believes it was due to racism, just like Michelle believes people being rude is on account of racism.
    Black privilege is assuming every time someone looks at you cross eyed it's because you're black. And never have to take responsibility for your actions. The left loves and thrives on the victim/oppressor narrative
    thechatch said:

When you get pulled over, you comply. If your rights are infringed upon, you have the RIGHT to legal council and an opportunity in court to explain your case. The side of the highway or the street corner or the driveway in front of your estranged BM’s house is not your forum, once you’ve been placed under arrest. It’s simple. Don’t make a bad situation worse. Conduct yourself like an adult. Don’t ruin your life over a dime bag of weed or expired Tags on your car. This is the talk EVERY father needs to have with his son the moment he hands him keys to a car. There are great cops and there are assholes. Don’t roll the dice on the guy that just might be an asshole.

Police Departments need to adapt with the times, and there needs to be increased de-escalation and empathy training. These guys don’t want to have to draw their weapons. Their number one job is to go home at the end of the day. Teach them how. Focus on community policing. They should live for a time in the communities they serve and their should be enhanced compensation for such. Revamp the Police Union so we can get rid of the assholes. Empower this profession to be the revered posting that it used to be when I was a kid. We don’t want a generation of Americans growing up thinking that the police are an extension of tyranny and oppression. That idea needs to be stamped out instead of embraced by politicians, only interested in culling their constituents for votes.

Well said
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,131 Standard Supporter

"Didn't do anything wrong". Heard that a 1000 times, even from my own kids.

What are the odds that he got away with a moving violation BECAUSE of who he was? I can tell you from personal experience in college and my 20's that athletes who were friends got away with way more than I did because of who they were.

FYI the average person commits 3,000 violations per citation received.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    thechatch said:

When you get pulled over, you comply. If your rights are infringed upon, you have the RIGHT to legal council and an opportunity in court to explain your case. The side of the highway or the street corner or the driveway in front of your estranged BM’s house is not your forum, once you’ve been placed under arrest. It’s simple. Don’t make a bad situation worse. Conduct yourself like an adult. Don’t ruin your life over a dime bag of weed or expired Tags on your car. This is the talk EVERY father needs to have with his son the moment he hands him keys to a car. There are great cops and there are assholes. Don’t roll the dice on the guy that just might be an asshole.

Police Departments need to adapt with the times, and there needs to be increased de-escalation and empathy training. These guys don’t want to have to draw their weapons. Their number one job is to go home at the end of the day. Teach them how. Focus on community policing. They should live for a time in the communities they serve and their should be enhanced compensation for such. Revamp the Police Union so we can get rid of the assholes. Empower this profession to be the revered posting that it used to be when I was a kid. We don’t want a generation of Americans growing up thinking that the police are an extension of tyranny and oppression. That idea needs to be stamped out instead of embraced by politicians, only interested in culling their constituents for votes.

I’m not sure how the police will get better when so many hate them. I’ve always viewed them as a necessary evil myself, but find myself having empathy for them because who the fuck would want to put up with all of this?