Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hurricane Laura

thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,988
Strongest storm to hit the LA/TX border area in over a century. Cameron/Lake Charles Area obliterated.

Taking a Media coverage backseat to BLM, tho....

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    thechatch said:

Strongest storm to hit the LA/TX border area in over a century. Cameron/Lake Charles Area obliterated.

Area is mostly white, no narrative to push giving it coverage.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,988
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Is it, though?

“ As of the 2010 census, the population was 71,993.[5] In 2010, the population density was 1,711.8 people per square mile (689.7/km2). There were 32,469 housing units. The racial makeup of the city was 47% White, 47% African American, <1% Native American, 2% Asian, 1% from other races, 2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino people of any race were 3% of the population.”
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    thechatch said:

Not surprising

Threaded the needle between Houston and New Orleans hitting a mostly poor, rural, low density area with basically zero media market.

The live streams from the storm chasers as the eye hit were fucking wild though;

amazing technology + Crazy people = entertaining
    600k evacuated. 16 dead. 400k without power. 200k without water.

It’s August. I hope Trump and FEMA we’re ready for this.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,556 Standard Supporter

When life hands you lemonade, get you some Heinie.

Heineken is the fucking worst.
    thechatch said:

Heineken is the fucking worst.

It really is awful. If you like beer there is no greater time to be alive than right now. Can't believe I used to drink that crap.
    Ballast Point Sculpin IPA wins big in my household.
    edited August 2020
    thechatch said:

Yeah, that's a regular in the rotation although I like the Grapefruit IPA more than the regular. Big fan of Green Flash West Coast IPA, liked it more when it was an 8.1% but the 7.1% is still good. Pizza Port, Barrel House, Dust Bowl, go into any town in Northern San Diego county and you'll find at least two or three great breweries and some of the best fish tacos I've ever had in my life.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,110 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Were they refusing to leave when told to evac and were they looting?
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Yeah, that's a regular in the rotation although I like the Grapefruit IPA more than the regular. Big fan of Green Flash West Coast IPA, liked it more when it was an 8.1% but the 7.1% is still good. Pizza Port, Barrel House, Dust Bowl, go into any town in Northern San Diego county and you'll find at least two or three great breweries and some of the best fish tacos I've ever had in my life.
    You are 100% correct on the grapefruit IPA. The Mrs got a standing juice press for a housewarming gift and she’s taken to adding Fresh pressed grapefruit to ours, as I’ve only been able to find the regular IPA in bottles recently. I want the Grapefruit IPA in a fucking can, but we’re all making sacrifices in the time of the ‘Rona.
    thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

You are 100% correct on the grapefruit IPA. The Mrs got a standing juice press for a housewarming gift and she’s taken to adding Fresh pressed grapefruit to ours, as I’ve only been able to find the regular IPA in bottles recently. I want the Grapefruit IPA in a fucking can, but we’re all making sacrifices in the time of the ‘Rona.
    Don't know where you live but the Grapefruit in a can is plentiful here in Cali.
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Don't know where you live but the Grapefruit in a can is plentiful here in Cali.
    N Bellevue. I’ve tried Whole Foods, Safeway, and Fred Meyer. There’s a booze/cigar outlet in Crossroads that says they carry it. I may make the pilgrimage or just go to the Metropolitan Market(Elite grocer, btw) in S Kirkland.

thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

I remember my IPA connoisseur and beer snob phase
    I’m far from a connoisseur on IPAs. I have about 6-8 that I drink regularly, and my garage fridge is stocked with werewolf killers for Fireside shotgunning After the kids are put to bed👍
    thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

N Bellevue. I’ve tried Whole Foods, Safeway, and Fred Meyer. There’s a booze/cigar outlet in Crossroads that says they carry it. I may make the pilgrimage or just go to the Metropolitan Market(Elite grocer, btw) in S Kirkland.
    Do they have Total Wine & More's up there?

thechatch said:

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

I remember my IPA connoisseur and beer snob phase
    Connoisseur? I'm an outright beer snob.