Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Michelle Obama Whining Again About How Whites Avoid and Ignore Her

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
edited August 2020 in Tug Tavern
She has previously survived that horrific racist incident when a short old while lady asked her for help getting something from the top shelf at a store, and now this.

She does live in the richest of white liberal areas, so maybe those racists do view her as New Money.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/michelle-obama-describes-being-invisible-to-white-america/

Former first lady Michelle Obama said on her podcast Thursday that “white America” acts like black women — including herself — don’t exist.

“When I’ve been completely incognito, during the eight years in the White House, walking the dogs on the canal, people will come up and pet my dogs, but will not look me in the eye. They don’t know it’s me,” the former first lady said in “The Michelle Obama Podcast.”

“What white folks don’t understand, it’s like that is so telling of how white America views people who are not like them. You know, we don’t exist. And when we do exist, we exist as a threat. And that, that’s exhausting,” Obama continued.(snip)

“We were stopping to get ice cream, and I had told the Secret Service to stand back because we were trying to be normal, trying to go in,” Obama said.

“When I’m just a black woman, I notice that white people don’t even see me. … I’m standing there with two little black girls, another black female adult, they’re in soccer uniforms. And a white woman cuts right in front of us to order. Like ― she didn’t even see us,” she said.

“The girl behind the counter almost took her order. And I had to stand up because I know [Pemberton-Heard] was like, ‘Well, I’m not gonna cause a scene with Michelle Obama,’” she continued. “So I stepped up and I said, ‘Excuse me? You don’t see us four people standing right here, you just jumped in line?’”

Obama said the woman “didn’t apologize, she never looked me in my eye, she didn’t know it was me. All she saw was a black person, or a group of black people, or maybe she didn’t even see that. Because we were that invisible.”

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club
    Certain leaders will have you killed for looking them in the eye
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,843 Standard Supporter
    Yeah, life has been real rough for Michelle. Just tough as nails.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter
    My wife would avoid that guy!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

What a self absorbed bitch. People step in front of me all the tim and it hasn't nothing to do with anything other people are rude twats.

I think you shared a story about this at a country store in northern VA.
    Ye Olde Carousel Rumble
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Swaye said:

What a self absorbed bitch. People step in front of me all the tim and it hasn't nothing to do with anything other than people are rude twats.

It happened to me just yesterday at the grocery store. The person wasn't so much being rude as just not paying attention to where the line started. Now that everyone is lining up to check out while keeping social distancing, you can be waiting for the checker and people coming at the checker from a different angle may not even see that you're waiting.

Michelle Obama has some real fucking issues. The fact that she even remembers this as a racial slight just shows that she is spring loaded to interpret all encounters with whites as potentially racist.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    dnc said:

Alternate theory:

They knew who you were and that's exactly why they wouldn't look you in the eye.

Or another theory. People are involved with their own lives and are often inside their own heads with their own thoughts and they weren't paying any attention to you at all.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Swaye said:

What a self absorbed bitch. People step in front of me all the tim and it hasn't nothing to do with anything other than people are rude twats.

That's black privilege. Others are rude to and ignore white people. Say dumb things to them. Make fun of them and we assume people are rude assholes. Same exact thing happens to black people and it's micro aggressions. I had black acquaintances tell be systemic racism is "alive and well". I asked for examples. The one he came up with is a restaurant last year the server didn't come over for 10 minutes after he got there so he left..... ummmm. Yeah.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club

The petting dogs but not looking her in the eye might be even dumber. That happens to everyone. They give the dog a pet and keep it moving.

When I am out walking I always look at the dog because I miss mine. Plus scantily clad women walking would probably report me as a dirty old man if I started at them
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    all these poasts miss the obvious -

what if, just wondering, if everyone thought she was ugly?

that could be the answer
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Alternate theory:

They knew who you were and that's exactly why they wouldn't look you in the eye.

That is actually probably the real answer. Maybe those individuals were hardcore Republicans and hated her husband’s policies. Maybe they were thinking, “oh, she’s a celebrity and doesn’t want me to invade her privacy”. Or they were afraid of getting their ass kicked by the Secret Service. Who knows what evil does or doesn’t lurk in the heart of men’s souls.

Or as @Swaye says, maybe they’re just rude twats.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Ha ha. White women treat everyone like that. Literally the most hypocritical, selfish people I know are white women. Don't get me wrong, I love me some white women, they make the best cookies. But this shit has happened to everyone.

Hurtful.

You are right about the cookies tho. My brown butter chocolate chip ones can’t be beat!