Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rioters tried to burn Seattle police alive, sealed door during fire at East Precinct

2»

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

The act of arson on an occupied building is deadly force! Shoot them.

That's just what our nation needs right now.
    Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

It's absolutely whats needed. Allowing them to do this shit means they'll never go away.
    I would like nothing better than the rioters to get a taste of severe repercussions, but I don't believe that the police shooting and killing them will be a net positive. Now, if civilians who are defending themselves happen to pick a few off each day after being attacked I am more than happy to see those results. An iron fist from the police will only reinforce what the left is saying about cops. Unlike many posters here (myself included), most Americans likely do not want to see people get shot and killed to restore order.

The only way that the riots stop is when law and order is restored, arrests are made, and people are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That's not going to happen until the "people" stand up to the inept government leadership and vote the bums out and replace them with people who will allow laws to be enforced.
    I'm all for arresting them.

Killing them only gives the left what they want.
    Democrat DAs aren’t charging them so what’s the point of an arrest?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

It's absolutely whats needed. Allowing them to do this shit means they'll never go away.
    I would like nothing better than the rioters to get a taste of severe repercussions, but I don't believe that the police shooting and killing them will be a net positive. Now, if civilians who are defending themselves happen to pick a few off each day after being attacked I am more than happy to see those results. An iron fist from the police will only reinforce what the left is saying about cops. Unlike many posters here (myself included), most Americans likely do not want to see people get shot and killed to restore order.

The only way that the riots stop is when law and order is restored, arrests are made, and people are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That's not going to happen until the "people" stand up to the inept government leadership and vote the bums out and replace them with people who will allow laws to be enforced.

That's my point about voting the idiots out. If people really are sick of the riots they will vote in new leadership who will prosecute. Otherwise those people can shut up and enjoy watching their cities burn.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Fair.

I still think cops shooting them will do much more harm than good.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Sledog said:

Careful...

Talk of genocide is not acceptable on these boards.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,994
    I'm in favor of pepper balls to defend my business and hollow points to defend my house.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter
    When the law breakers can use deadly force as a matter of course without repercussions it will only get worse. Just like pulling the feds out. Treat them like the terrorists they are. Try and burn a building down with me in it and see how that works out for you. Sealing the doors so the police can't escape the fire is premeditated murder if anyone dies. This is common sense but that's a super power in today's society.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sledog said:

When the law breakers can use deadly force as a matter of course without repercussions it will only get worse. Just like pulling the feds out. Treat them like the terrorists they are. Try and burn a building down with me in it and see how that works out for you. Sealing the doors so the police can't escape the fire is premeditated murder if anyone dies. This is common sense but that's a super power in today's society.

We're arguing two different things here.

Of course it's premeditated murder - I'm the one who posted the tweet calling it attempted murder. No one is arguing otherwise.

Yes, they deserve to be shot.

That doesn't mean it's the best thing for our country for them to be shot by cops.

hth
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,497 Founders Club
    Any cop shooting now is open season on Saks Fifth Avenue I mean social justice protests mainly peaceful with a little fire thrown in.

Which is not inconsistent with wanting to defund the police. Why not defang them? Why not both?

The left has the home court advantage in the narrative as always but the democratization of social media and ALT RIGHT sites like this one even the field
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,497 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

That's my point about voting the idiots out. If people really are sick of the riots they will vote in new leadership who will prosecute. Otherwise those people can shut up and enjoy watching their cities burn.
    Even if the majority of voters want a corrupt 3rd world style political legal system and are in favor of political violence, at some point there is the whole tyranny of the majority thing going on...

Humans dont naturally trend towards liberty. There is a reason why the framers of the Constitution largely and openly despised democracy. The unique safety and liberty in the US, combined with the live and let live mentality is an anomaly in human existence and only held by a tiny minority fraction of people in the world.

Maybe you say, "just move" but you are going to eventually run out of places to run.

The common thread of individual liberty, cultural melting pot, and American patriotism has been lost. You can say, just vote better, but human history has demonstrated time and time again that humans are far more likely to just vote for corrupt authoritarian dictators and gulags when they aren't indoctrinated with the ideals of Americanism than what you might hope.

And to think that we made Tommy the intern

The rejection just made you stronger
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Even if the majority of voters want a corrupt 3rd world style political legal system and are in favor of political violence, at some point there is the whole tyranny of the majority thing going on...

Humans dont naturally trend towards liberty. There is a reason why the framers of the Constitution largely and openly despised democracy. The unique safety and liberty in the US, combined with the live and let live mentality is an anomaly in human existence and only held by a tiny minority fraction of people in the world.

Maybe you say, "just move" but you are going to eventually run out of places to run.

The common thread of individual liberty, cultural melting pot, and American patriotism has been lost. You can say, just vote better, but human history has demonstrated time and time again that humans are far more likely to just vote for corrupt authoritarian dictators and gulags when they aren't indoctrinated with the ideals of Americanism than what you might hope.

The foresight involved in creating the Electoral College for electing a President instead of a straight democracy is such an overlooked thing in history. Of course Democrats whine about the popular vote in California and New York where neither candidate spent a day in campaigning for the general election.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

And to think that we made Tommy the intern

The rejection just made you stronger
    It really gave me time to go back into the film room, clean a few things up, and get back to grinding.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Hey man, I'm waiting and ready for civil war. That's going to happen in my lifetime, IMO. The melting pot does not work.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Well sure, with that attitude!