Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I Always say, Latinos are Black

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
@PurpleThrobber, I thought you said the Blacks hate the Browns?

Now that AOC has cancelled Latinos, is this still true?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/06/23/aoc-faces-twitter-backlash-after-claiming-latinos-are-black/

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,571 Standard Supporter
    Jaxx and Samcro are smarter than AOC

Trust the club.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Any word on Latinx colonialism that set up the power structure in the western hemisphere? Slavery of indigenous people?

Columbus was on a mission for the Latinx Europeans
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter
    The Hommies ain't gonna like that shit!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    @creepycoug is angling for reparations.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

I like the idea because maybe I'll get some reparations, as you say. Or, worst case scenario, I'll be exempt from paying them when they? win this issue. Either way, ....

In all seriousness, a stupid comment. Yeah, there are black Latinos, but they? are more like me than they are like her.

I've tried to be consistent on this point: I tribe up when I encounter nativists, like OBK, who make it abundantly clear they don't want people like me and my family coming to this clean country passing ourselves off as decent Americans with our oily hair and silk suits.

The main distinction between me and AOC, other than fundamental differences in philosophy about personal responsibility, political economy, and life in general, is how we? react to obvious xenophobia or racism or any sentiment that we're? not wanted here. She's correct in that there are many people who find Latinos to be undesirable. Any thought to the contrary is stupid and it's more common than you probably think. @oregonblitzkrieg made for a clear local example.

But the difference between me and Maximo, on the one hand, and AOC, on the other, is how it affects us. AOC is wounded when she encounters it. Maxy and I scoff at it; we assume rightly that we're better than the other person anyway (Cuban arrogance can be a great thing), and we just dislike right back whomever it is who dislikes us. It's simple. Like when you were a kid. Someone doesn't like you, you don't like them back. And you fuck with them when you can. It can be fun.

The key to this reality, as it other parts of life, is that you can't let things get into your head. What? I'm going to get my feelings hurt because some dumbfuck from the Willamette valley thinks that my people are fucking up the culture here? Fuck outta here with that. With everything I've accomplished and will accomplish I'm worried about some hillbilly motherfucker not wanting me here? What do I care? It doesn't affect my self-esteem, and it never has.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

I like the idea because maybe I'll get some reparations, as you say. Or, worst case scenario, I'll be exempt from paying them when they? win this issue. Either way, ....

In all seriousness, a stupid comment. Yeah, there are black Latinos, but they? are more like me than they are like her.

I've tried to be consistent on this point: I tribe up when I encounter nativists, like OBK, who make it abundantly clear they don't want people like me and my family coming to this clean country passing ourselves off as decent Americans with our oily hair and silk suits.

The main distinction between me and AOC, other than fundamental differences in philosophy about personal responsibility, political economy, and life in general, is how we? react to obvious xenophobia or racism or any sentiment that we're? not wanted here. She's correct in that there are many people who find Latinos to be undesirable. Any thought to the contrary is stupid and it's more common than you probably think. @oregonblitzkrieg made for a clear local example.

But the difference between me and Maximo, on the one hand, and AOC, on the other, is how it affects us. AOC is wounded when she encounters it. Maxy and I scoff at it; we assume rightly that we're better than the other person anyway (Cuban arrogance can be a great thing), and we just dislike right back whomever it is who dislikes us. It's simple. Like when you were a kid. Someone doesn't like you, you don't like them back. And you fuck with them when you can. It can be fun.

The key to this reality, as it other parts of life, is that you can't let things get into your head. What? I'm going to get my feelings hurt because some dumbfuck from the Willamette valley thinks that my people are fucking up the culture here? Fuck outta here with that. With everything I've accomplished and will accomplish I'm worried about some hillbilly motherfucker not wanting me here? What do I care? It doesn't affect my self-esteem, and it never has.
    To be fair I lump Italians in with you all in terms of oiliness
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    If the light is out in the hallway, ignore it and just get inside quickly.

You can thank me later.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck Don Fanucci
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,134 Standard Supporter

I'm from some blue eyed dago so stock. Not oily. HTH
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Swaye said:

Look, it's my suit!

#pimpinainteasy
    If, when you come home from Miami, you find the porch light curiously burned out, turn and run. Fast.