Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Doog_De_Jour 「魁と離れるのが淋しかった…」卒業インタビュー 丹羽仁希編

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,967
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
@Doog_de_Jour, there are no subtitles with this exit interview. Are you able to tell me the gist of what Niki is saying?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFA9AviLeqE

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Derek - ah! It’s a YouTube video. Perfect. Rather than have a stupid gaijin like me give you a butchered translation, I’ll leave it to the experts. You can turn on auto translate in YouTube by hitting the little gear icon and set the captions to auto translate:

Easy! I use this a lot when watching foreign videos.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020
    Great advice, and it makes sense that technology can readily do this so I tried it and played the video. In this case however, the translation is most humorous. This reminds me of a trick I learned a while ago... first I write an elaborate love note to my wife, then I paste it to the translation template, and pick russian. then I copy the text back to english using the same app... then I write it down and give it to my wife. Its always worth it.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My recent mind-blown moment in this regard was with Google Lens. I scored an old French Dufour horizontal/vertical mill on craigslist, and it was a bit of work getting it running. Before I started making chips with it, I wanted to make sure it was properly lubricated. The problem was I couldn't figure out what oils and greases it required because every manual I could find for it, including the paper copy I was given, was in French. I asked around on some forums, and somebody suggested Google Lens.

Holy balls! How did I not know about this!?

In real time, right on your phone's screen, you go from this...

...to these:

Some serious Star Trek shit going on there. Had no idea.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    thank you muchly
  • Options
    Founders Club
    yikes that doesn't make any sense
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Oh God it’s shaved that is a terrible translation! OK, maybe the AI only works with certain languages. I’ll sit down and watch this weekend and try to type out something better.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

My recent mind-blown moment in this regard was with Google Lens. I scored an old French Dufour horizontal/vertical mill on craigslist, and it was a bit of work getting it running. Before I started making chips with it, I wanted to make sure it was properly lubricated. The problem was I couldn't figure out what oils and greases it required because every manual I could find for it, including the paper copy I was given, was in French. I asked around on some forums, and somebody suggested Google Lens.

...to these:

...to these:

That is pretty sweet. I used a similar app when I was in Asia as I sadly don’t know as many kanji/Chinese characters as I should. Came in helpful reading signs.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Oh God it’s shaved that is a terrible translation! OK, maybe the AI only works with certain languages. I’ll sit down and watch this weekend and try to type out something better.
    Only if you want to and it's not a hassle. My life won't crumble if I don't find out Niki Niwa's thoughts about leaving Terrace House.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Only if you want to and it's not a hassle. My life won't crumble if I don't find out Niki Niwa's thoughts about leaving Terrace House.
    Obvious lie is obvious.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Obvious lie is obvious.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

Obvious lie is obvious.

New bored motto?