Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kamala Harris Gets Pranked by Fake Greta and Is Willing to Accept Help to Influence Election

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
edited August 2020 in Tug Tavern
Call was after she dropped out of race in December.

Wouldn’t this be considered be willing to accept foreign information to impact the general election?

https://nypost.com/2020/08/21/kamala-harris-duped-by-russian-pranksters-posing-as-greta-thunberg/

At one point during the call, the faux Thunberg tells Harris that she is “terrified” of “what Trump is doing,” and explains that she “cannot sleep or eat when I see him on TV.”

“Greta” then says she had “nightmares” about “that terrible meeting” at the United Nations headquarters in September.

“I saw him [Trump] in the corridor and shouted to him to sign the Paris climate agreement. He came over and he said softly, ‘You will never achieve the goal,’” the fraudster tells Harris.

Harris interjects, “No, but Greta, do not be discouraged. You have the ability to see what is possible in a way that many do not and there will be people who are going to work against progress.

“That is always the case — always in history there have been people who work against progress,” Harris said. “Listen, nothing that has been about progress came without a fight. That is the nature of it.”

The prankster then says, “But it is very sick to behave like that — I mean President Trump.”

“Yes,” Harris replied. “And it is similar to previous times in history when some people could not imagine how things can be different and then leaders did imagine and could see and lead. You have been a great leader — do not be deterred.”

One of the jokesters posing as Thunberg’s father, Svante, on the call tells Harris that the faux teen “has a recorder always with her” and that it picked up the bogus interaction with Trump.

“It was on Greta’s recorder. If you would like to get it, we can provide it,” the man says.

The fake Greta chimes in, “Maybe this recording can help you,” to which Harris responds: “Thank you. That would be wonderful.”