Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon State women's soccer making an impact off-the-pitch to fight systemic racism

2»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Very strong feelings on that. No need to perform any actual factual analysis.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    edited August 2020
    Wouldn't it be great if some of these college educated young women could actually articulate and provide evidence and examples of this systemic racism that we're all trying to fight?

I'm told that George Floyd was killed because of systemic racism but I can't even find any evidence that Floyd's skin color had anything to do with his death.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    It was that conservative government of Minnesota and Minneapolis that forced Floyd into a life of drug addiction and crime. He never had a chance. You should know that.
    edited August 2020
    Anyone actually take the time to listen to pod cast and the example of "systemic racism" these two college kids have faced? The kid from Liberia was coming out of a Waffle House in Colorado and someone drove by and yelled get off the street n-word with the hard R. His other example is that people have told him he is articulate.

All of their examples of "systemic racism" consists entirely of people making rude comments to them. No one with any power or authority has done anything to hold them back or harm them on account of their race. Both of them are college athletes with benefits and advantages that few people have. But they are victims of "systemic racism" because some cracker made a racist comment to her in the grocery story in Corvalis
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    I loved all the BLM flags flying from $2,000,000 homes on Queer Anne Hill.

Look, I'm a trust fund child and/or I make $200,000 per year, but let me help out by virtue signaling.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    SFGbob said:

Wouldn't it be great if some of these college educated young women could actually articulate and provide evidence and examples of this systemic racism that we're all trying to fight?

I'm told that George Floyd was killed because of systemic racism but I can't even find any evidence that Floyd's skin color had anything to do with his death.

Black people are killed at a higher rate than their population. That's the evidence of systemic racism. And the don't go camping as much as whites. And the die in higher proportions from the vid. All things that racist whites cause because of the system.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2020
    SFGbob said:

Anyone actually take the time to listen to pod cast and the example of "systemic racism" these two college kids have faced? The kid from Liberia was coming out of a Waffle House in Colorado and someone drove by and yelled get off the street n-word with the hard R. His other example is that people have told him he is articulate.

All of their examples of "systemic racism" consists entirely of people making rude comments to them. No one with any power or authority has done anything to hold them back or harm them on account of their race. Both of them are college athletes with benefits and advantages that few people have. But they are victims of "systemic racism" because some cracker made a racist comment to her in the grocery story in Corvalis

I read there is evidence of racism in lake Oswego because a black guy doesn't feel he can go jogging at night.

Almost all examples of systemic racism I'm given are things that have happened to me as well. I just figured the other person was being an asshole, having a bad day, or there was a misunderstanding. In fact, something happened to me today that if happened to a black person without a doubt they would say it was racism.

SFGbob said:

I read there is evidence of racism in lake Oswego because a black guy doesn't feel he can go jogging at night.

Almost all examples of systemic racism I'm given are things that have happened to me as well. I just figured the other person was being an asshole, having a bad day, or there was a misunderstanding. In fact, something happened to me today that if happened to a black person without a doubt they would say it was racism.
    That's your white privilege talking.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Good one, Aceman
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

I loved all the BLM flags flying from $2,000,000 homes on Queer Anne Hill.

Look, I'm a trust fund child and/or I make $200,000 per year, but let me help out by virtue signaling.

They do it to avoid getting looted. That's all.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Black people are killed at a higher rate than their population. That's the evidence of systemic racism. And the don't go camping as much as whites. And the die in higher proportions from the vid. All things that racist whites cause because of the system.
    As long as the rewards vastly outweigh the actual problem, the racism industry will remain alive, well and profitable AF.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club

Good one, Aceman

Only way it could have been funnier and more spot-on was if it was in the toilet section