Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Perhaps the cuntiest opinion piece I’ve ever read

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
Cities will be better off with less rich people. Don’t worry about the collapsing tax base because the federal government can plug that hole.

https://inthesetimes.com/article/this-terrifying-economic-crisis-will-make-cities-better

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    The main thing that the vid has gone is ruin worthless HR and boomer middle managers

It's pushed people to adopt stuff. I believe ultimately it's a good thing
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    I wish the cunty h.r. director would get fired already

combination of stupidity, arrogance, incompetence, and a pathological liar
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020
    Actually there were some things I was sympathetic to in this article because I don’t like it how (to use Seattle as an example), you have to be pulling down six figures at a tech job to afford a nice home. Cities are more interesting, vibrant, and healthier when, as the author says, it’s a “quilt” of different groups and people.

But yeah, as @YellowSnow says, the cuntiness dial then got cranked to 11 toward the end of the piece:

“...City bud­gets can be res­cued by the fed­er­al gov­ern­ment. Indeed, mon­ey to bail out city and state gov­ern­ments, to pre­vent the cut­ting of ser­vices out­lined above, appears to be one of the main stick­ing points in the cur­rent stalled nego­ti­a­tions between Democ­rats and Repub­li­cans on a new Covid res­cue pack­age...”

NO. Fuck no. The federal government’s job is to not to bail out mismanaged cities.

Besides the tax base Yella mentioned, the rich folks and businesses also pump a lot of money into charities, community events, libraries, museums...things that benefit everyone in the community. You definitely don’t want them disappearing.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Study this @Swaye. it will help prepare you for the “But Daddy, I want more Allowance” tantrums in a few years