Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Will Somebody Tell LeBron the Louisville Mayor, DA, and Police Chief are Democrats?

2»

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163
    Swaye said:

doogie said:

Physically LeBron is a once in a generation athletic freak. Bo was before him and Jim Brown before that

Mentally LeBron is a midget.

But LeBron is way taller and bigger than both. I think LeBron is the greatest pure athlete who has ever lived. But yeah, mentally, he’s Vern Troyer.

Always trying to keep the red man down. Amirite, @Swaye ?

I’ve scoured the internet for Hudl tape of Thorpe vs @RaceBannon. It’s ALL been purged.
    Jim Thorpe is the greatest athlete of the last 100 years and I'll fight anyone who says different.
    @Swaye you don't know diddley!

https://youtu.be/bjpSH8qJ7c4
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Alexis said:

Physically LeBron is a once in a generation athletic freak. Bo was before him and Jim Brown before that

But LeBron is way taller and bigger than both. I think LeBron is the greatest pure athlete who has ever lived. But yeah, mentally, he’s Vern Troyer.
    What's the definition of a pure athlete. Someone who is athletic as hell in one sport, or one who can easily excel at any sport. I guarantee if you put Lebron in a batting cage and threw BP to him, he'd look like an idiot. Put him in an octagon, same thing. Hell, how many NBA athletes can't even throw a decent pitch before an MLB game. Bo was 10 times the athlete Lebron is. Lebron is an incredibly athletic hoops player.
    I don't know if LeBron ever played baseball but LeBron would have made one hell of a TE in football. Baseball, especially hitting a baseball would be next to impossible for anyone who didn't start playing the game fairly early.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,927 Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

What's the definition of a pure athlete. Someone who is athletic as hell in one sport, or one who can easily excel at any sport. I guarantee if you put Lebron in a batting cage and threw BP to him, he'd look like an idiot. Put him in an octagon, same thing. Hell, how many NBA athletes can't even throw a decent pitch before an MLB game. Bo was 10 times the athlete Lebron is. Lebron is an incredibly athletic hoops player.
    I don't know if LeBron ever played baseball but LeBron would have made one hell of a TE in football. Baseball, especially hitting a baseball would be next to impossible for anyone who didn't start playing the game fairly early.
    He would be a world class soccer goalie. Footwork, speed, height, long arms, can jump to the moon...
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    SFGbob said:

Alexis said:

He was an All-State WR in HS as a sophomore and was offered a football scholarship by Notre Dame even though he didn’t play football his last season.

https://www.si.com/.amp/si-wire/2012/08/02/lebron-james-scholarship-notre-dame-urban-meyer

LeBron James received Notre Dame scholarship from Urban Meyer

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Speaking of great athletes, Dave Winfield was drafted by four professional teams in 3 major sports after college.

Padres MLB
    Vikings NFL
    Hawks. NBA
    Utah Stars ABA

Hall of Fame baseball player, so great career choice, but you’ll never see that happen again.

https://baseballhall.org/hall-of-famers/winfield-dave
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

I’m just talking size/speed/strength athleticism. He’s 6’8”, a muscular 270, and could probably run 4.5-4.6. He’s the freakiest of the freaky.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

I’m just talking size/speed/strength athleticism. He’s 6’8”, a muscular 270, and could probably run 4.5-4.6. He’s the freakiest of the freaky.
    I get what your saying. I agree and disagree at the same time. I just have this discussion with guys before. What makes a great athlete. A guy who is athletic and excels at a particular sport, or a guy who can excel at any sport. Was Lance Armstrong a great athlete because of the domination of his sport (drugs notwithstanding, everybody did it.)

If you put Phil Mickelson next to Tiger Woods, no one would say Phil is more athletic (not racist) but I've seen Phil throw a football before matches to warm up and have seen him swing a baseball bat, and I've also seen Tiger swing a baseball bat and do non golf related sports. Not impressive. (Doesn't drive well when drunk and getting chased by his wife either, but that's another issue) If I needed a guy for my baseball team or football team, I take Phil. Does that make him more athletic, I guess that's the question I was asking.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,508 Founders Club
    Tiger is basically a nerd who spent a lot of time in the gym
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,094 Swaye's Wigwam

Exactly. That's why when he finally got a chance to chase world class tail, he ended up with Waffle House waitresses. No experience. Wasn't out fucking the prom queen like the QB.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam
    Alexis said:

Exactly. That's why when he finally got a chance to chase world class tail, he ended up with Waffle House waitresses. No experience. Wasn't out fucking the prom queen like the QB.
    And to use your earlier example, Phil got a Phoenix Suns cheerleader.