Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Michelle outed by our* Seattle Times

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
edited August 2020 in Tug Tavern
didn’t see this coming:

The Associated Press via The Seattle Times reported:

Michelle Obama assailed President Donald Trump on Monday for ripping migrant children from their parents and throwing them into cages, picking up on a frequent and distorted point made widely by Democrats.

She’s right that Trump’s now-suspended policy at the U.S.-Mexico border separated thousands of children from their families in ways that had not been done before. But what she did not say is that the very same “cages” were built and used in her husband’s administration, for the same purpose of holding migrant kids temporarily.

- seems they weren’t impressed by the recorded speech

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/even-liberal-media-cant-defend-lies-ap-roasts-michelle-obama-dishonest-kids-cages-speech-dnc/

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

My favorite bit I saw was when she basically said vote out the GOP and she will help stop the riots, or something to that effect. She supports the riots.

Nothing like holding the public hostage. I guess that's the liberal way.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter

My favorite bit I saw was when she basically said vote out the GOP and she will help stop the riots, or something to that effect. She supports the riots.

It's what male transgender communists do!
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m shocked people here took issue with topics or the spin from the DNC (and yes, there was spin). I look forward to next week when the same thing is done the opposite direction.

#centrism
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Yeah. DNC is pro riot. The republicans aren't. Go spin that all you want.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

I’m shocked people here took issue with topics or the spin from the DNC (and yes, there was spin). I look forward to next week when the same thing is done the opposite direction.

#centrism

I’ll wager that no speakers at the DNC condemn the violence in Lib cities while most speakers at the RNC will do so. Michelle Obama practically encouraged it last night.

Yeah. DNC is pro riot. The republicans aren't. Go spin that all you want.

Missed this before posting mine.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

#centrism

I'm not shocked at your inability to actually defend what we've been hearing

You will see that ability on display 😉

MelloDawg said:

#centrism

I’ll wager that no speakers at the DNC condemn the violence in Lib cities while most speakers at the RNC will do so. Michelle Obama practically encouraged it last night.
    If anything, she was more or less silent on it which in people’s eyes, makes her complicit I suppose. I can understand that train of thought. Trump did, however, flew off the handle on Twitter, which is likely exactly the response they wanted.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

#centrism

Accusing Trump of what his wife Barack did during her admin. is hardly spin. It's motherfucking lying. But that's what rats do.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Like I said. Leftards like mello love to lie and be lied to. Oh, and rooting for the away team.

Like I said. Leftards like mello love to lie and be lied to. Oh, and rooting for the away team.

Not exactly. I do think anyone who subscribes to the idea that the Democratic platform is to endorse violence against police and commit property damage (which is what Michelle apparently said by not saying anything) was probably going to vote for Trump anyway.
    MelloDawg said:

Not exactly. I do think anyone who subscribes to the idea that the Democratic platform is to endorse violence against police and commit property damage (which is what Michelle apparently said by not saying anything) was probably going to vote for Trump anyway.
    So you really don't think its something that the would be president of the USA and his surrogates should address?

Silence is consent. It was on all the signs this summer

For a centrist you seem to forget that the center doesn't want shit lit on fire for three months

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,223 Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Silence is violence, or so I’ve heard.

MelloDawg said:

So you really don't think its something that the would be president of the USA and his surrogates should address?

For a centrist you seem to forget that the center doesn't want shit lit on fire for three months

I mean, if you want them to say the actual words “don’t throw bricks at cops,” I wouldn’t hold your breath. I don’t think a rational person believes Michelle Obama or Bernie or people asked to speak endorses that behavior (the Floyd family might have been in questionable taste). We’ll see how Biden delivers the acceptance speech. I can call it down the middle.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I mean, if you want them to say the actual words “don’t throw bricks at cops,” I wouldn’t hold your breath. I don’t think a rational person believes Michelle Obama or Bernie or people asked to speak endorses that behavior (the Floyd family might have been in questionable taste). We’ll see how Biden delivers the acceptance speech. I can call it down the middle.
    So in your own words what is so unusual about Biden or Obama saying don't throw bricks at cops? That makes a rational person wonder right there. Not a word for months except for support from democrat politicians

You really think that fools anyone other than yourself?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    MelloDawg said:

Nobody votes for Party Platform. Ever.

Everyone votes for a Candidate. Always.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    A vote for Kamala Harris is a vote FOR acquiring family wealth by owning 5 Slave Plantations.

Simple fact.
    doogie said:

MelloDawg said:

Nobody votes for Party Platform. Ever.

Everyone votes for a Candidate. Always.
    Democrats aren’t even voting for the candidate.

Their platform is NOT TRUMP, raise taxes, and apparently supporting riots and bloodshed in the streets or Democrat cities.

I haven’t heard anything else. Bernie was the only one yesterday to talk policy. His policies would destroy the economy even more, but credit to him for talking about them in an open manner.