Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    Every city, every state except South Dakota. Do they have cities?

They are all dying...
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    I don’t completely agree with this article, but it does make compelling points of how all cities (not just NYC) are going to change (not die).
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    The chicom crud lockdown, the open support for antifa and BLM looting and the decision to not pursue and punish criminals will kill off the cities. Even if the rioting goes away, the crime won't - it will just get worse. And then what? There will be more George Floyd's. Then what? You rebuild and three years later you get burned out again? This isn't your father's America. We are SOFT both physically, mentally and morally. Not all of us, but way too many. There isn't one major dem politician working for a constitutional America. How in the hell does someone like De Blasio get elected major of NYC twice after the Giuliani - Dinkins comparison? The people are sick in the head.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

I don’t completely agree with this article, but it does make compelling points of how all cities (not just NYC) are going to change (not die).

As Taylor Swift reminds us, Nothing lasts forever.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    doogie said:

As Taylor Swift reminds us, Nothing lasts forever.
    :D One of the ways I can tell if I’m on the right path in life is with Taylor Swift songs.

If I find myself relating too much to the lyrics, I know I’m going in the WRONG direction! 😅
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    (YOU WON’T BELIEVE REASON NUMBER 4)
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    Technological evolution. Businesses now realize they can do just as well remotely, so why pay for expensive business offices. Many employees now have the freedom to collect big city wages without living in a big city. The riots have only expedited the flight, because now it's both an economic and safety hurdle living in the big city.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Just anecdotal but a friend lives in a condo in the Pearl (NW Portland), formally a hot locale. Listings in the building are not being responded to. Absolutely no current interest in moving into a war zone. Lots of interest in bailing.