Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Compare and contrast

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
Trump has a combative relationship with the media yet seems to be quoted daily and answering questions daily along with tweets even though he knows that sociopaths will distort and lie about his words for year after (good people on both sides cough) It is a two way combative relationship

So what's the deal with the democrat ticket?

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris held the first joint virtual campaign event on Thursday since the California senator officially made her debut as the former VP's running mate the day prior. However, reporters who were present at the event were eventually shooed away by campaign staffers.

Journalists and commentators on both sides of the aisle offered a rare, unified condemnation of the candidates evading questions going into their second day as a ticket.

"To be expected for the roll-out. But this is not a show of confidence on day two," New York Times political correspondent Jonathan Martin reacted. "The seriousness of the topic and the times -- to say nothing of Biden's own criticism of Trump’s contempt for a free press -- makes accountability all the more essential."

"I get Biden + Harris not taking questions on the day of their debut, but today they also left without taking questions. When will they? Voters deserve answers to questions," CBS News reporter Kathryn Watson tweeted.

"Biden & Harris need to face questions -- tough questions -- from the media. This is not a coronation, even if some of the fawning coverage might lead you to believe otherwise," Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy said.

"Kamala Harris and Joe Biden will continue to not take questions today... what a hell of a campaign!" political satirist and columnist Tim Young exclaimed.

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    The result of this?

CBS will reassign Kathryn Watson so she won't make statements like that again.
    The Washington Examiner reporter won't have access to Biden or Harris and no one reads that paper anyway.
    NYT will never ask a tough ?????
    Every other media outlet will continue riding the hell out of Trump and not even mention B/H except to say how they are in the lead

Business as usual.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

Trump has a combative relationship with the media yet seems to be quoted daily and answering questions daily along with tweets even though he knows that sociopaths will distort and lie about his words for year after (good people on both sides cough) It is a two way combative relationship

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris held the first joint virtual campaign event on Thursday since the California senator officially made her debut as the former VP's running mate the day prior. However, reporters who were present at the event were eventually shooed away by campaign staffers.

Journalists and commentators on both sides of the aisle offered a rare, unified condemnation of the candidates evading questions going into their second day as a ticket.

"To be expected for the roll-out. But this is not a show of confidence on day two," New York Times political correspondent Jonathan Martin reacted. "The seriousness of the topic and the times -- to say nothing of Biden's own criticism of Trump’s contempt for a free press -- makes accountability all the more essential."

"I get Biden + Harris not taking questions on the day of their debut, but today they also left without taking questions. When will they? Voters deserve answers to questions," CBS News reporter Kathryn Watson tweeted.

"Biden & Harris need to face questions -- tough questions -- from the media. This is not a coronation, even if some of the fawning coverage might lead you to believe otherwise," Washington Examiner reporter Jerry Dunleavy said.

"Kamala Harris and Joe Biden will continue to not take questions today... what a hell of a campaign!" political satirist and columnist Tim Young exclaimed.

This guy may be the worst person to run for office in my lifetime. I'm honestly struggling to think of a worse candidate. And by "worse", I don't mean electability or probability of being elected. I mean worst candidate, period. Someone give me someone worse than this corpse.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,236
    Swaye said:

He only got up in the polls by being sequestered. Why stop doing the only thing that will work?

If they can pull it off why not!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

This guy may be the worst person to run for office in my lifetime. I'm honestly struggling to think of a worse candidate. And by "worse", I don't mean electability or probability of being elected. I mean worst candidate, period. Someone give me someone worse than this corpse.
    Has Carter and Obama beat cold.